High Volume, Low Calorie Snacks
Have you ever had one of those days when your stomach feels like a bottomless pit? Or maybe you’re watching TV, and you want something to munch on, but you’re not super hungry? I love high volume, low-calorie snacks because you can have a large serving without having to worry about calories!
High Volume Low-Calorie Snack Ideas
Salty Snack Ideas:
- Air-popped popcorn or low-calorie brands like Skinny Pop and Boom Chicka Pop
- Cauliflower Crackers (40 crackers are only 110 calories!)
- Hippeas– these are delicious, vegan “cheese” puffs made with chickpeas!
- Try these homemade Brussels Sprout Chips for a unique crunchy snack!
- Kale Chips– I love the nacho cheese flavor! Or you can make your own kale chips at home,
Crunchy Snack Ideas
- Hummus stuffed preppers are a great crunchy option and will keep you filled up!
- Chopped tomatoes and cucumbers with balsamic vinegar
- Carrot Chips– these freeze-dried carrots are crunchy and delicious!
- Dry roasted edamame– It’s a tasty, crunchy snack but also packed with protein!
- Carrot chips and hummus- I love buying carrots in a chip shape! Perfect for scooping up dip
Sweet Snack Ideas
- Peanut Butter Greek Yogurt Bark (pictured above)
- Apple slices with cinnamon- I like using a mandoline slicer to slice the apple into thin pieces!
- Plain Greek yogurt with a splash of vanilla and frozen blueberries makes a delicious treat!
- Halo Top makes a lower calorie ice cream that is SO good!
- So Delicious makes a low-calorie frozen mousse that is creamy and delicious, too!
- Frozen Mango Chunks- this tastes like candy!
- Skinny peanut butter dip– Plain Greek yogurt mixed with peanut flour.
Sweet and Salty Combinations
- Apple slices and low-calorie peanut butter dip
- Brown rice cake topped with almond butter and cinnamon
- Spelt pretzels dipped in brownie batter hummus. Boar’s Head and Aldi make similar styles of dessert hummus!