Spicy Brussels Sprout Chips
If you’re a fan of kale chips, you’ll love these Brussles sprout chips! They’re crunchy and spicy, making them the TV snack. Did I mention they’re healthy?
Alex and I have been enjoying the long Memorial Day weekend, despite a bit of rain. We spent Saturday in Charlottesville enjoying the views from a vineyard and Sunday morning we went on a 4 mile hike near the river.
I recently received Laura Miller’s Raw. Vegan. Not Gross. cookbook and I couldn’t wait to flip through it. I always enjoyed watched her Snapchat videos on the Tastemade channel so I was excited to try some of her recipes! I love how the cookbook is written and the photos are gorgeous. One of the recipes that caught my eye was these Spicy Brussels Sprout Chips.
- 1lb Brussels sprouts
- 1 to 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper (less if you don’t like spice)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 250.
- Peel all the leaves off of each Brussels sprout. It helps a bit to trim the ends off first and peel the layers off. It’s a bit time intensive but it’s not too bad!
- Toss with olive oil and spices. I just stirred mine up in a big bowl.
- Spread in a single layer and bake for 15-20 minutes until they’re brown and crispy.
- They will shrink up, so when you take them out of the oven, it’ll be a smaller pile than you started with!
I loved how spicy these were. My friend Alexa and I snacked on them one afternoon and it was nice to have a snack we didn’t have to feel guilty about. It’s all healthy ingredients!
These little chips are the perfect snack if you like a spicy, salty crunch!
If you prefer cheesy over spicy, try these vegan kale chips!
Warning, they’re addicting!