High Volume, Low Calorie Snacks
Have you ever had one of those days when your stomach feels like a bottomless pit? Or maybe you’re watching TV, and you want something to munch on, but you’re not super hungry? I love high volume, low-calorie snacks because you can have a large serving without having to worry about calories!
High Volume Low-Calorie Snack Ideas
Salty Snack Ideas:
- Air-popped popcorn or low-calorie brands like Skinny Pop and Boom Chicka Pop are a great snack.
- These Cauliflower Crackers have a huge serving size. 40 crackers are only 110 calories!
- Nutritional Yeast Popcorn is a great “cheesy” snack you can make at home.
- Hippeas are delicious, vegan “cheese” puffs made with chickpeas!
- Try these homemade Brussels Sprout Chips for a unique crunchy snack!
- Kale chips are a great substitute for chips and these taste cheesy, but they’re vegan!
- If you like sweet potato fries, these Butternut Squash Fries are a great low-calorie option.
Crunchy Snack Ideas
- Hummus stuffed preppers are a great crunchy option and will keep you filled up!
- Chopped tomatoes and cucumbers with balsamic vinegar are a tasty low calorie option.
- Carrot Chips are simply freeze-dried carrots and they are crunchy and delicious!
- Dry roasted edamame– It’s a tasty, crunchy snack but also packed with protein!
- This Crispy Parmesan Edamame can be made in the oven and it’s so yummy.
- Carrot chips and hummus- I love buying carrots in a chip shape! Perfect for scooping up dip.
Sweet Snack Ideas
- Peanut Butter Greek Yogurt Bark (pictured above) or Berry Yogurt Bark.
- Apple slices with cinnamon- I like using a mandoline slicer to slice the apple into thin pieces!
- Apple nachos are a fun snack when you need a healthy dessert.
- Plain Greek yogurt with a splash of vanilla and frozen blueberries makes a delicious treat!
- Halo Top makes a lower-calorie ice cream that is SO good!
- So Delicious makes a low-calorie frozen mousse that is creamy and delicious, too!
- This 2 Ingredient Frozen Yogurt is made with just mango and Greek yogurt for a high protein, low calorie snack.
- You can make Skinny Peanut Butter Dip with just plain Greek yogurt mixed with peanut flour.
Sweet and Salty Combinations
- Apple slices and low-calorie peanut butter dip are a good sweet and salty mix.
- Brown rice cake topped with almond butter and cinnamon with a pinch of sea salt really satisfy my cravings.
- Spelt pretzels dipped in brownie batter hummus. Boar’s Head and Aldi make similar styles of dessert hummus!