Richmond got a whole bunch of snow on Saturday morning which was awesome. We hadn’t gotten any snow yet this year so it felt sort of special. It was also the perfect excuse to spend a little time in the kitchen. I was craving Mexican food and I decided to whip up some enchiladas. When I got out all the things I needed, I realized how easy these were going to be. Even in a snow storm, I had all the ingredient I needed for these black bean enchiladas!
This recipe made 10 enchiladas, plenty for Alex and I to eat for lunch plus a few to have for leftovers. Don’t you love having leftovers?
5 Ingredient Black Bean Enchiladas
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 10
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 10 corn tortillas
- 1 15oz can black beans
- 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup salsa verde or green enchilada sauce
- Salsa, sour cream, or cilantro (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Wrap the corn tortillas in plastic wrap and microwave them for 30 seconds. This will lightly steam them so you can roll them without them cracking.
- Fill each tortilla with a few tablespoons of black beans and two tablespoons of cheese. Don’t fill them too full or you won’t be able to roll them up. You should end up using about 2/3 of the cheese as filling.
- Roll them and place them in a baking dish, seam side down. It helps if you have a baking dish that is the width of the tortillas so they stay snug.
- Keep lining them up until you reach the edge of the pan. I made one larger pan and one smaller pan since all of mine didn’t fit in one pan.
- Pour the salsa verde over the wrapped tortillas.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until the cheese has completely melted.
- Top with avocado and serve immediately.
These are gluten free and vegetarian but they were quite filling thanks to all the beans! Don’t you love quick and easy recipes? I’ll definitely be making these again soon!
Looking for another easy Mexican recipe? Try these 5 ingredient baked taquitos!