This Spicy Mexican Street Corn Salad is my favorite dish to serve with tacos or fajitas! It’s great for a crowd because you can make it ahead of time and you can make it as spicy or as mild as you like. This recipe serves enough for a crowd but you can easily divide it in half for a smaller portion.
I don’t remember the first time I had street corn, but I remember thinking… this is worth the mayonnaise. I’m usually a mayo-hater but I have to admit that a little mayonnaise is really what makes this recipe. I know, I know. Who am I? But after our friends had this “salad” (and trust me, I know this isn’t a salad by any stretch of the imagination) they asked for the recipe so I figured I better share it! The great thing about Mexican street corn in salad form is that it’s much easier to eat, so you’re less likely to end up with cheese on your chin. You’re welcome.
Tips for making the perfect Mexican Street Corn Salad
- This salad is actually better when it’s made a few hours in advance because it gives the flavors time to combine! Just store it in the fridge in a sealed container or with plastic wrap.
- If you like it spicy, you can add a whole jalapeno! Just be sure to finely dice it so the heat is evenly distributed.
- This is great served with tacos or fajitas as a side dish but it’s also great as a chip dip!
- Be sure not to overcook the corn. You want it slightly toasted but not mushy. If you don’t have a really large skillet, heat the frozen corn in batches to avoid overcooking the corn.
Spicy Mexican Street Corn Salad
This Spicy Mexican Street Corn Salad is a great Mexican side dish to serve with tacos or fajitas!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 12
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 2 14 oz bags of frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 8 oz feta cheese
- 1/2 jalapeno, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp chipotle sea salt (or 1/4 tsp chili powder + 1/2 tsp sea salt)
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- In a large skillet, cook the corn in the olive oil over medium heat for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- You want to lightly toast the corn kernels.
- In a large bowl, combine the mayo and feta until mixed.
- Stir in the diced jalapeno and cilantro.
- Using a garlic press, crush the garlic and stir in. (If you don’t have a garlic press, just finely mince it then stir in.)
- Slice the lime in half and use a fork to juice each half. Add the juice into the bowl.
- Add in the corn into the cheese mixture and stir until well coated.
- Sprinkle with chipotle sea salt, and red pepper flakes, then mix, and serve!
This makes enough for a large party, so feel free to half the recipe if you don’t need as much!
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 146
Keywords: Mexican Street Corn Salad, Mexican Side Dish
Side note, my mother in law got me a set of mixing bowls for Christmas and she had an artist friend paint my blog name on there. Isn’t that cute? I love them!
One of the things I love about this dish is that you can make it ahead of time and then just pop it in the fridge for a couple of hours. (Make sure you don’t leave it out for too long since the mayonnaise could go bad!) This recipe makes a huge batch and almost all of it got eaten. I think that’s a pretty good sign!
Looking for something to serve it with? This spicy street corn salad goes perfectly with these 5 ingredient black bean enchiladas!