This vegan black bean dip has a spicy flavor that is perfect with tortilla chips or veggies! Try it as a dip or spoon it on top of your favorite veggie tacos!
This black bean dip is super simple to make, but it’s delicious when you’re craving something a little more substantial than just salsa. Black beans are a great source of protein and fiber so this is a dip that you can feel good about serving!
How to make black bean dip
This dip comes together quickly. All you have to do it add everything into a food processor blender and pulse until combined!
You want the dip to be thick but not super chunky. The texture should be thicker than salsa but thinner than guacamole.Once it’s blended, you’re ready to serve it!
Tips for the perfect black bean dip
- Make sure to drain the black beans and tomatoes completely before blending. You want this dip to be thick, not runny.
- Add as much chili powder as you like, depending on how spicy you want your dip to be!
What to serve with black bean dip
- Tortilla chips are obviously a delicious option! I try to get baked tortilla chips for a slightly healthier option.
- You can also serve this black bean dip with sliced peppers. I like the small, sweet peppers. They’re perfect for slicing and dipping!
- You could also spoon this dip on top of your favorite tacos.
You can serve this dip warm if you prefer. Simply heat it in the microwave until it’s heated through. Enjoy!Print
- 1 (15oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- Salt to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor blender and pulse until combined.
- If you want to serve this dip warm, microwave for 30 second intervals, until heated.
Keywords: vegan black bean dip
Looking for a main dish to pair with this black bean dip? Try these vegan enchiladas!
What’s your favorite kind of dip?
This post was originally published in August 2014, updated October 2019.