These easy vegetarian taquitos are the perfect quick and easy dinner! You can whip up a single batch for your family or double the recipe and feed a crowd!
I’m still battling a cold but my appetite has finally started to return. It’s very weird to go from being someone who is pretty much obsessed with food to someone who doesn’t really want to eat anything. Last night, I had Mexican food on the brain so I decided to try a vegetarian taquitos recipe. It seemed like it would be quick and easy… and I was right!
Easy Vegetarian Taquitos (Only 5 Ingredients!)
These simple vegetarian taquitos are stuffed with flavor! Even though they’re baked, they have a deliciously crispy outer shell!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 10
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 can vegetarian refried black beans
- 10 soft flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup sweet corn
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Optional toppings: Salsa, guacamole, sour cream, cilantro, etc.
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Combine the taco seasoning and refried beans.
- Scoop 2 tbsp of the seasoned refried beans into each tortilla.
- Top with corn and cheese.
- Tightly roll and place into a pan with the seam side facing down.
- It helps if you can keep them packed tightly in the pan.
- If you want them to get a little crispy, spray the rolled tortillas with olive oil or avocado oil before placing in the oven.
- Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes until they being to brown on the edges.
- Remove and serve immediately.
This recipe makes 10 taquitos which would typically serve 3 people.
Keywords: vegetarian taquitos
I’m sure you could add chicken or beef to this if you didn’t want to keep it vegetarian but the beans are pretty filling on their own! If you are making this vegetarian, be sure you find vegetarian refried beans. The more traditional kind tend to use lard.
I think these would also be delicious with some bell peppers and diced onions inside. Honestly, there are probably tons of ways to customize these!