These easy vegetarian taquitos are the perfect quick and easy dinner! You can whip up a single batch for your family or double the recipe and feed a crowd!
I love these vegetarian taquitos because I can get them in the oven in less about 10 minutes. The taco seasoning gives this recipe plenty of flavor and the beans are so satisfying. If you don’t have any taco seasoning in your pantry, you can easily make your own! I originally wrote this taco spice recipe for my cookbook but I loved it so much I decided to share it on the blog!
This recipe makes between 6-8 taquitos depending on how full you want them to be. Typically, taquitos are pretty thin and wrapped tightly. But I prefer a little more filling so I usually make 6, but feel free to make more if you like!
If you prefer to keep these vegan, you can replace the cheese with black beans. They’ll still have tons of flavor and it’s a great way to add more protein and fiber!
These simple vegetarian taquitos are stuffed with flavor! Even though they’re baked, they have a deliciously crispy outer shell!
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 15oz can vegetarian refried black beans
- 8 soft flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup sweet corn
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Optional toppings: Salsa, guacamole, sour cream, cilantro, etc.
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Combine the taco seasoning and refried beans.
- Scoop 3 tablespoons of the seasoned refried beans into each tortilla.
- Top with corn and cheese.
- Tightly roll and place into a pan with the seam side facing down.
- It helps if you can keep them packed tightly in the pan.
- If you want them to get a little crispy, spray the rolled tortillas with olive oil or avocado oil before placing in the oven.
- Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes until they being to brown on the edges.
- Remove and serve immediately.
This recipe makes 10 taquitos which would typically serve 3 people.
Keywords: vegetarian taquitos
I’m sure you could add chicken or beef to this if you didn’t want to keep it vegetarian but the beans are pretty filling on their own! If you are making this vegetarian, be sure you find vegetarian refried beans. The more traditional kind tend to use lard.
I think these would also be delicious with some bell peppers and diced onions inside. Honestly, there are probably tons of ways to customize these!