Vegetarian Enchilada Soup
This vegetarian enchilada soup is a delicious combination of spicy flavors that’s loaded with black beans and vegetables for an enticing meal!
I am so excited to share this soup recipe with you because it’s a rich and creamy soup with plenty of spice, and it comes together with just a handful of basic ingredients!
How to Make Vegetarian Enchilada Soup
First, soften the onion, pepper, and jalapeño. Then add the broth, enchilada sauce, tomatoes, beans, and corn.
Let it simmer for 15 minutes, then add a little cream cheese. It makes this soup so rich and velvety. I love the texture!
Enchilada Soup Topping Ideas
- Chopped avocado
- Crumbled feta or cotija cheese
- Crushed tortilla chips
- Diced red onion
- Fresh cilantro
- If you don’t like things spicy, you can skip the jalapeño and use a mild enchilada sauce.
- If you want to keep this recipe vegan, try dairy-free cream cheese such as Kite Hill or Violife. Just be sure it’s plain and unflavored.
- The enchilada sauce adds tons of flavor to this recipe. I like the Frontera brand red enchilada sauce but sometimes I make my own using this enchilada sauce recipe.
How to Store and Reheat Leftover Soup
Let the soup cool slightly, then store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. To reheat, warm over low heat on the stovetop or microwave for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently. Be sure not to bring the soup to a boil or the cream cheese may curdle.Print
This vegetarian enchilada soup is a combination of spicy flavors and a creamy texture that’s loaded with black beans and vegetables for an enticing meal!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small jalapeño seeded and diced (optional)
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup enchilada sauce
- 1 cup corn
- 1 (10oz) can diced tomatoes with green chilis
- 1 (15oz) can black beans drained and rinsed
- 4 oz cream cheese
- In a large pot, add the olive oil, onion, bell pepper, and jalapeño.
- Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring frequently until the vegetables have softened.
- Add the broth, enchilada sauce, corn, tomatoes, and black beans.
- Turn heat to medium-high and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, then add cream cheese.
- Stir until combined. Keep on a low heat until ready to serve.
Keywords: vegetarian enchilada soup
Looking for a few recipes to pair with your enchilada soup? Here are a few delicious side dish ideas!