This past Sunday was spent getting things in order. I cleaned the house from top to bottom and got a lot of meal prep done for the week. Having things ready to go makes lunch packing and weeknight dinners so easy. I picked up some cauliflower to make this cauliflower tabbouleh but I decided to save some of it for roasting. Cauliflower is so versatile that I thought… why not throw it in a taco? So that’s exactly what I did.
Cauliflower doesn’t have much flavor on it’s own, but once it’s roasted with the right blend of spices, it’s delicious! If you wanted a lower carb version of this recipe, you could use romaine lettuce leaves in place of taco shells!Print
This recipe makes about 6 tacos, which should be plenty to feed 2 people!
- 3 cups of cauliflower pieces (roughly 1/3 of a large head)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp dried cilantro (or pinch of fresh)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1/2 cup of salsa or pico de gallo
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- In a large bowl, combine the oil and spices.
- Add the cauliflower pieces and toss until coated.
- Spray a large cookie sheet with non-stick spray and spread the cauliflower out across the sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- To assemble the tacos, put salsa on the bottom of the corn tortillas. Top with avocado and cabbage. Add the cauliflower as soon as you remove it from the oven.
It was a fun twist on our usual black bean tacos. You could certainly add other toppings to this (like cheese and sour cream) if that’s more your style, but I liked these as is. If you’re curious about using corn or flour tortillas then you might like this post which compares corn tortillas vs. flour tortillas.