Cottage Cheese Pizza Crust
This 2-ingredient high-protein pizza crust is the perfect way to satisfy your pizza craving! Whip up this quick dough made using cottage cheese, add your favorite toppings, and you’ll have tasty pizza in no time!
I’ve been having so much fun playing with cottage cheese and after making cottage cheese macaroni and cheese, I wondered if I could use it to make a high protein pizza crust. I’ve made a simple 2-ingredient pizza crust with Greek yogurt before, so I tried it with cottage cheese. It worked surprisingly well! I actually couldn’t believe how easy it turned out to be!
Ingredients & Substitutions
Cottage Cheese– I used 4% milkfat cottage cheese but 2% milkfat works fine. I don’t recommend using fat-free cottage cheese. If you don’t have cottage cheese, you can make it with Greek yogurt instead. Follow this recipe for my Greek yogurt crust.
Self-Rising Flour– Self-rising flour is made with all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt. If you don’t have self-rising flour in your pantry, you can use all-purpose flour mixed with baking soda and salt. I’ve included a recipe below!
What is Self-Rising Flour?
Self-rising flour is made with all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt. This allows baked foods like pizza crust to rise without the need for yeast. It can be used for everything from pizza crust to biscuits! It’s great when you’re low on other ingredients in your pantry, but you still want to make something delicious!
How to Make Self-Rising Flour
Self-rising flour is simple to make at home. The recipe is one cup of all-purpose flour mixed with 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. This makes slightly more than one cup of self-rising flour.
Why I Love This Pizza Crust
Using cottage cheese as the base of this pizza creates a soft and tender crust that is crispy on the bottom with a chewy texture. It’s high in protein and low in fat. By using self-rising flour, we don’t need any yeast and we can get a light, airy crust without spending a lot of time kneading the dough.
How to Make Pizza Crust with Cottage Cheese
More Pizza Recipes
If you’re looking for a more traditional pizza crust, try my flatbread pizza crust or my Ooni pizza dough. If you love making pizza at home, you might want to consider getting a pizza oven! We got an Ooni pizza oven and we love it.
How to Use Leftover Cottage Cheese
What to Serve with PizzaPrint
This 2-ingredient high-protein pizza crust is the perfect way to satisfy your pizza craving! Whip up this quick dough, add your favorite toppings, and you’ll have tasty pizza in no time!
- 1 cup cottage cheese (I used 4% milkfat)
- 1 cup self-rising flour (see note for using all-purpose flour)
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 2/3 cup shredded mozzarella
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Blend the cottage cheese in a blender until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and mix with the flour until a sticky ball is formed.
- Transfer the dough to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Use a rolling pin to roll the dough to your desired thickness. I recommend making it as thin as possible. (You may need to add more flour if the dough is too sticky.)
- Bake the pizza dough for 6 minutes.
- Remove the crust from the oven and carefully top with pizza sauce and sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Continue to bake for 10-12 minutes until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is bubbly.
- Let cool slightly then cut into pieces and enjoy!
To make self-rising flour, combine one cup of all-purpose flour mixed with 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. This makes slightly more than one cup of self-rising flour.
Keywords: Cottage Cheese Pizza Crust