I haven’t been eating as many salads lately, since it’s been so chilly. This meant that I had a couple of bunches of kale sitting in my fridge, begging to be used. I finally decided I’d use them up on a warm kale salad. After having such a delicious dish at The Savory Grain, I had a rough idea in mind of how I wanted to turn out. This actually turned out to be a simpler salad than I thought and I think this would be a lovely side dish, or a main dish if you added a little quinoa.
Warm Kale Salad
This warm kale salad is a simple side dish recipe that only takes a few minutes to make!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 2
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 bunch kale
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 oz shredded Parmesan or Pecorino Romano cheese (about 1/2 cup)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat up the oil in a large saucepan, and add in the minced garlic.
- Tear the kale into small pieces, removing the stems.
- Add them to the oil and toss to coat.
- Cook the kale over medium heat for 2 minutes, just until it softens. It shouldn’t take long, and you don’t want it to get soggy.
- Juice half of a lemon, and drizzle over top.
- Toss with the shredded cheese and add a little salt and pepper.
- Serve warm.
Sometimes I add a few crushed red pepper flakes for a spicy flavor! It’s so simple but so delicious!
Looking for some other kale salad inspiration? Try this kale and quinoa salad!