I had purchased a few pieces of garlic naan last week, thinking I’d make some Indian food, but time got away from me and I completely forgot about them. I knew I was pushing my luck with the expiration date by waiting much longer so I decided to whip up some flatbread on Sunday afternoon. I’m not normally a huge fan of white pizza (as they tend to be a little more oily and a little less healthy) but I realized that by making my own, I could keep the oil in check. Plus, the garlic naan was practically demanding to be topped with ricotta…. So this was our fairly simple lunch yesterday!
- 1 piece of garlic naan or flatbread
- 2 tbsp ricotta cheese
- 2 tbsp shredded mozzarella
- 2 tbsp crumbled feta
- 1 roma tomato
- Preheat the oven to 400 and lay out the naan on a cookie sheet.
- Drop the ricotta on the naan and spread it out in a thin layer.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella and feta.
- Thinly slice the tomato and add the slices.
- Bake at 400 for about 10 minutes or until the cheese begins to just barely turn brown.
We doubled the recipe and made two pizzas, one for each of us. We also had a little kale salad on the side, and it was a perfectly filling lunch. Maybe not the “healthiest” but for white pizza, you really can’t get better than this! I was pretty hungry after going to gymnastics so it was nice to have lunch prepared quickly.
What did you have for lunch yesterday?