Easy Chopped Italian Salad
This easy Italian chopped salad is filled with spicy peppers, salty feta, and a delicious homemade dressing! It’s the perfect salad to serve with pizza or pasta, but it’s also an easy lunch recipe!
This salad is light and delicious with tons of flavor. I’ll share plenty of substitution options so you can make this with whatever vegetables you have sitting in your crisper drawer! The dressing is simple, with just a few pantry staples whisked and drizzled onto a bed of greens.
Italian Chopped Salad Ingredients
- Bell pepper
- Red onion
This salad can be assembled up to a few hours in advance, but don’t add the dressing until you’re ready to enjoy it. This will help keep the vegetables crisp!
- Peperoncinis can be spicy, so substitute for bell pepper if you don’t like spicy flavors.
- You can substitute bell pepper for sweet peppers if you prefer.
- I prefer a block of feta cut into cubes, but feel free to use crumbled feta.
How to Make Salad Dressing
- Whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, and lemon juice, salt, and pepper, then set aside.
- The dressing will start to separate over time, but so give it a shake before serving!
This easy Italian chopped salad is the perfect side dish to pair with your favorite pizza! It’s simple to make and you can prepare it while your pizza is in the oven!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 2 hearts romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 4 oz feta, cubed
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup pepperoncinis, chopped
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, and lemon juice, salt and pepper, then set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss the romaine, bell pepper, feta, tomato, pepperoncinis, and red onion.
- Drizzle with salad dressing and toss to coat. Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
Pepperoncinis can be spicy, so substitute for bell pepper if you don’t like spicy flavors.
Keywords: easy Italian chopped salad
Looking for more salad recipe ideas? This spicy kale salad is so good with pizza or pasta!
When peaches are in season, this peach feta salad is perfect for pizza night!
What’s your favorite kind of pizza?