Easy Chopped Italian Salad
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MyAmericanFlatbreadPizza #CollectiveBias
It’s no secret that Alex and I love pizza. So I wanted to share an easy salad recipe that pairs perfectly with your favorite pizza. It’s a great way to add veggies to your dinner and make pizza night a little healthier!
This salad is light and delicious with tons of flavor. I’ll share plenty of substitution options so you can make this with whatever vegetables you have sitting in your crisper drawer! The dressing is simple, with just a few pantry staples whisked and drizzled onto a bed of greens.
I’m partnering with American Flatbread for this recipe because they make really delicious pizza that you can grab in the frozen aisle! Alex and I take our pizza pretty seriously and most of the time, pizza night involves our pizza oven. But on the days when we forget to make the dough, or we’re short on time, I love having a tasty, high-quality pizza that I can pull out of the freezer for a quick meal!
I like to chop my ingredients while the oven is preheating, then I toss everything together while the pizzas bake. These pizzas cook in about 8 minutes so that you can get dinner on the table in a flash! Once the pizzas are nice and crisp, we slide them onto a cutting board, slice them up, and serve with this easy Italian chopped salad!
Tips for delicious frozen pizza
- Cook the pizza directly on the oven rack. If you prefer to use a pizza stone, be sure to preheat the pizza stone in the oven.
- Serve with freshly grated parmesan and crushed red pepper so everyone can sprinkle their favorite seasonings on top!
Pair these delicious pizzas with this easy chopped Italian salad!Print
This easy Italian chopped salad is the perfect side dish to pair with your favorite pizza! It’s simple to make and you can prepare it while your pizza is in the oven!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 2 hearts romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 4 oz feta, cubed
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup pepperoncinis, chopped
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, and lemon juice, salt and pepper, then set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss the romaine, bell pepper, feta, tomato, pepperoncinis, and red onion.
- Drizzle with salad dressing and toss to coat. Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
Pepperoncinis can be spicy, so substitute for bell pepper if you don’t like spicy flavors.
Keywords: easy Italian chopped salad
- Peperoncinis can be spicy, so substitute for bell pepper if you don’t like spicy flavors.
- You can substitute bell pepper for sweet peppers if you prefer.
- I prefer a block of feta cut into cubes, but feel free to use crumbled feta.
I always have at least one pizza in my freezer for a quick and easy dinner idea, and I’ve been impressed with the quality of American Flatbread. The crust is made from only organically-grown wheat, and the sauce is made of organic ingredients like carrots, celery, onions, red wine, and olive oil. I love that their pizzas are convenient without compromising quality or flavor.
I picked up these American Flatbread pizzas at Publix! Keep an eye out for these in the freezer section.
What’s your favorite kind of pizza?