I had purchased a few pieces of garlic naan last week, thinking I’d make some Indian food, but time got away from me and I completely forgot about them. I knew I was pushing my luck with the expiration date by waiting much longer so I decided to whip up some flatbread on Sunday afternoon.
I’m not normally a huge fan of white pizza (as they tend to be a little more oily and a little less healthy) but I realized that by making my own, I could keep the oil in check. Plus, the garlic naan was practically demanding to be topped with ricotta…. So this was our fairly simple lunch yesterday!
Tips for the perfect naan pizza
- If you want to lighten this pizza up a bit, you can use whole wheat naan instead of garlic naan. Stonefire makes a great whole wheat naan that is perfect for a pizza crust.
- If you like a crisper pizza crust, pre-bake then naan in the oven for 3-5 minutes until lightly browned, before adding the toppings.
- To get the cheese a little brown, turn on the broiler for the last 1-2 minutes of cooking.
- For a kick of spice, sprinkle some red pepper flakes on top after cooking!
3 Cheese White Pizza
This easy three cheese flatbread is a lighter version of your favorite white pizza!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 1
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Vegetarian
- 1 piece of garlic naan or flatbread
- 2 tbsp ricotta cheese
- 2 tbsp shredded mozzarella
- 2 tbsp crumbled feta
- 1 Roma tomato
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and lay out the naan on a baking sheet.
- Drop spoonfuls of ricotta on the naan and spread it out in a thin layer.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella and feta.
- Thinly slice the tomato and add the slices on top.
- Bake at 400 for about 10 minutes or until the cheese begins to just barely turn brown.
Keywords: Cheesy Naan Pizza
We doubled the recipe and made two pizzas, one for each of us. We also had a little kale salad on the side, and it was a perfectly filling lunch. Maybe not the “healthiest” but for white pizza, you really can’t get better than this! I was pretty hungry after going to gymnastics so it was nice to have lunch prepared quickly.
We topped ours with red pepper flakes, a bit of parmesan cheese, and a sprinkle of basil. This totally hit the spot. I love tomatoes on pizza, especially with the salty feta, creamy ricotta, and gooey mozzarella!
What did you have for lunch yesterday?