Sweet Potato Nachos
These sweet potato nachos are a delicious way to turn sweet potatoes into a crave-worthy dish! Topped with black beans, salsa, cheese, jalapeños, sour cream, and cilantro, these fully loaded nachos will have you coming back for seconds!
If you love sweet potatoes, these nachos are going to be a new favorite! Roasted sweet potato slices are topped with all the nacho fixings for a tasty appetizer or side dish! I loved how filling these were, thanks to the black beans. And there are plenty of other toppings you can use, depending on what you have in your fridge.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Sweet potatoes– I used one large sweet potato that weighed just over a pound. You can use a few smaller sweet potatoes.
- Black beans– I used about half a can of black beans. Save the rest for black bean tacos or black bean dip.
- Cheese– I used extra sharp cheddar cheese. I prefer to shred a block of cheese rather than buying pre-shredded cheese. Pre-shredded cheese has anti-caking agents which means it won’t melt as easily or as smoothly.
- Jalapeño- I recommend tasting the jalapeño to see how spicy it is. Some peppers are very spicy and some are milder. You can adjust the amount you use based on the heat of the pepper.
- Salsa– I used a chunky red salsa but any kind of salsa is fine. Pico de gallo is also a great option.
- Red onion– Finely diced red onion adds color and flavor but you can skip it or substitute it with a shallot or green onions.
- Sour cream– The sour cream is optional. Feel free to use plain Greek yogurt instead.
- Cilantro– I love the flavor of fresh cilantro, but feel free to skip it if you don’t like the taste.
How to Make Sweet Potato Nachos
Nacho Topping Ideas
There are plenty of other toppings you could add to these sweet potato nachos depending on what you have available. Here are some of my favorites:
- Sweet corn
- Cotija cheese
- Hot sauce
- Diced avocado
- Soy chorizo
Tips for The Best Sweet Potato Nachos
Slice the sweet potatoes into thin, even slices, so they all bake at the same rate. Be sure to place the slices in a single layer. You may need to use two pans, if you’re using a large sweet potato. I recommend lining the pan with parchment paper so the sweet potato doesn’t stick to the pan. Watch for hot spots in your oven and rotate the pan for even baking, if needed.
More Sweet Potato RecipesPrint
These sweet potato nachos are a delicious way to turn sweet potatoes into a crave-worthy dish! Topped with black beans, salsa, cheese, jalapenos, sour cream, and cilantro, these fully loaded nachos will have you coming back for seconds!
- 1 large sweet potato (about 1lb) sliced into 1/4″ inch coins
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup canned black beans
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 a lime
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the sliced sweet potato into a single layer.
- Drizzle with olive oil and gently toss to evenly coat the potato slices.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then flip the sweet potato coins. Continue to bake for 5-10 minutes until the sweet potato is tender.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Spread the beans and cheese on top of the sweet potatoes and bake for an additional 5 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven and top with salsa, red onion, sour cream, jalapeño, and cilantro. Squeeze fresh lime juice on top.
Keywords: sweet potato nachos