These rosemary roasted nuts are a delicious sweet and salty snack. They’re perfect for a party and they make a great addition to a charcuterie board!
A few weeks ago, I accidentally ordered raw nuts instead of roasted nuts. Alex and I both prefer roasted nuts and I was afraid the jar of raw mixed nuts would sit in the pantry untouched. So I decided to try roasting them myself. I was actually surprised at how easy it was and I had fun playing with different herbs and spices. This was the winning combo at my house and I think you’ll enjoy it, too!
- Mixed nuts– I used a combination of almonds, cashews, walnuts, and macadamia nuts. Be sure the nuts are raw and unsalted.
- Maple syrup– I used this for a little sweetness. You can substitute with honey if you prefer.
- Olive oil– A little oil helps bring out the flavor without the nuts getting too dry.
- Rosemary– Fresh rosemary is lovely in this recipe but you can substitute with dried rosemary, if needed. You’ll need 1 teaspoon of dried rosemary.
- Smoked paprika– I love the subtle smoky flavor of smoked paprika, but you can substitute with regular paprika if you like.
- Vanilla extract– This helps enhance the sweet flavor that plays nicely with the paprika.
- Salt– I prefer the flavor and texture of flaky salt but table salt is fine too. They measure very different though, so if using table salt, use 1/4 teaspoon or to taste.
How to Roast Nuts
Tips & Tricks
- Be sure your oven temperature doesn’t go above 325 degrees. An oven thermometer can be handy to ensure your oven doesn’t run hot. The nuts will burn if the oven is too warm.
- Spread the nuts in a single, even layer so they roast evenly. Do not pile the nuts on top of each other.
- Store roasted nuts in an airtight container at room temperature. They’ll last about 2 weeks.
- These nuts are a great addition to a cheese board! Follow my tips for making a perfect cheese board for your next party!
- These are also delicious on top of a salad! Try them on my strawberry goat cheese salad for a tasty crunch.
More Snack RecipesPrint
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 cups 1x
- Category: Snack
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
These rosemary roasted nuts are sweet and salty with a hint of spice. They’re delicious for a party snack and they made a great addition to a charcuterie board!
- 2 cups mixed nuts (I used almonds, cashews, and macadamia nuts)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary (about 2–3 large sprigs)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3/4 teaspoons flaky salt or 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, olive oil, rosemary, paprika, salt, and vanilla.
- Spread the nuts on the prepared baking sheet and drizzle the maple syrup mixture over the nuts. Use a spatula to stir the nuts until they’re evenly coated.
- Press into a flat, even layer and bake for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven and stir the nuts.
- Bake for an additional 5 minutes then remove from the oven and let cool.
Keywords: roasted nuts, rosemary roasted nuts
These nuts are going to be my go-to appetizer at every holiday function this year! So easy and flavorful!
Oh lovely! These will make the perfect snack for movie night tonight.
Loved how easy this recipe turned out to be and with so much flavor! Looking forward to serving this again and again; delicious!
These were super tasty and didn’t last long in our house! 🙂
These rosemary roasted nuts are so tasty! I love how the rosemary, maple, and paprika all blend into one perfectly balanced bite – it’s hard to stop eating them! Adding this one to our permanent charcuterie list. Thanks!