I’ve gone through a few different sweet potato phases. For awhile, I was obsessed with sweet potatoes + almond butter. (Sounds weird but it’s delicious, I swear.) Lately, we’ve been enjoying Alexia’s sweet potato fries. But now, I think I may be on a sweet potato chip kick. They’re so easy to make and still pretty healthy!
Obviously you could just slice these and roast them and you’d essentially have chips. But why not make it a little more fun with Parmesan and garlic?Print
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 oz fresh parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400
- Wash and peel the sweet potatoes and slice thinly using a mandoline slicer or sharp knife. The thinner the chips, the crispier they will get.
- Grate the parmesan into a small bowl and combine with the salt and garlic powder.
- In a separate bowl, toss the sweet potato slices in a bit of olive oil until they’re lightly coated.
- Spread out on a greased baking sheet and sprinkle with the Parmesan mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly brown and crispy.
I love how crispy and salty these are! We had ours with some Parmesan tomato soup and it was delicious.
I wish I’d made a double batch of the chips, because we ate them up pretty quickly! I’m pretty sure those will be a veggie burger side dish on the regular.
Alright, time to go drink some coffee and enjoy my last day of being 25!