These crispy zucchini fries are baked in the oven with just a bit of oil! They’re a delicious healthy alternative to traditional fries!
I’m literally eating these oven baked zucchini fries while I’m writing this post. I’m getting salt on the keyboard. But I can’t stop eating them. And I knew I needed to blog about these right away. Well, right after I instagrammed them.
I can’t even take credit for them. But when I walked in from church, a little while before the Super Bowl, my roommates were whipping these up for the party. I had a post all planned for today, but after tasting these, I knew this needed to be shared asap. I’ve actually made a similar recipe (these faux fried zucchini chips) but these zucchini sticks are more of a “general” crowd pleaser. (If you’re used to Fiber One, try the faux fried zucchini chips. If not, stick with these.)
I like that these can go with a veggie burger but you could also serve them as an appetizer! You can dip them in marinara or ketchup, depending on your style!
These deliciously crispy zucchini fries are baked in the oven for a healthy side dish!
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2/3 cup bread crumbs (or gluten free panko crumbs)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini, (about 3 medium), cut into 1/2-by-3-inch sticks
- 2 egg whites or 1 whole egg
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Blue cheese, marinara, or hot sauce (for dipping)
- Preheat oven to 475°F.
- Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Mix the bread crumbs, salt, and garlic powder and spread on a plate.
- Dip zucchini in egg white, and roll in breadcrumbs.
- Arrange the zucchini so they’re not touching, on the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake on the center rack for 10 minutes.
- Turn the zucchini over.
- Continue to bake until golden and just tender, about 8 to 10 minutes more.
- Serve with marinara, hot sauce, or blue cheese!
- Calories: 93
Serve with a few different kinds of dips (I liked hot salsa) and you’ve got a great party snack.
I munched on way too many of these while watching the
game commercials. But I suppose that’s better than diving face first into the tortilla chips. Right? Balance, I’m telling you.