Creamy Mocha Smoothie
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Silk®. All opinions are mine alone. #2020SilkProgress
This creamy mocha smoothie is a delicious way to start your morning in addition to a well-balanced breakfast. With coffee, Silk® Almond Creamer
While I’m not fully vegan, I’ve been trying to transition to more of a plant-based diet. As you may know, I have high cholesterol due to genetics, so I try to cut out saturated fat when I can. Luckily, there are so many awesome plant-based foods on the market, it’s easy to add them to your routine! Even if you’re not trying to eat a fully plant-based diet, adding more plant-based meals to your diet is easy!
In fact, this smoothie is a great place to start! You don’t have to go completely vegan to get benefits from a plant-based diet. Make small changes where you can, like adding a serving of fruits and vegetables or swapping regular yogurt for almond milk yogurt alternative!
If you’re starting off the year with new health and fitness goals, I’m here to help! Join the 30 Day Challenge with me which helps people of all fitness levels aspire to more active lifestyles while also introducing more plant-based items to their menus. You can find out more and sign up here! Progress doesn’t need to be extreme to be meaningful. Small tweaks to your routine can lead to a big change! – Progress is Perfection®!
Whatever you decide to try, make sure you’re refueling your body with a good meal after your workout.
This creamy mocha smoothie is made with Silk® Almond Creamer. It’s super creamy and it’s completely plant-based! Click the image above to shop for it through Walmart Online Grocery. It’s perfect for turning this smoothie into a creamy coffee drink! If you’re enjoying this smoothie later in the day and you don’t want a caffeine boost, feel free to make it with decaf coffee instead. Pour on the creaminess
Tips for the perfect smoothie
- To make your smoothie extra thick, freeze the banana before blending. If you don’t have a high powered blender, slice the banana before freezing, so it’ll be easier to blend!
- If you have trouble blending your smoothie, add a splash of Silk® Almondmilk to get things moving. Add a little bit at a time until it begins to blend. Adding too much liquid will water down the smoothie.
- Be sure the coffee is completely cooled before blending. This recipe is also great with cold brew coffee!
This creamy mocha smoothie is a delicious way to start your morning with a well balanced breakfast or for a refuel in the afternoon! With coffee, Silk® Almond Creamer
- ½ cup brewed coffee, cooled
- 3 tablespoons Silk® Almond Creamer
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 teaspoon almond butter
- 1 handful ice
- Sweetener to taste (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- If the mixture is too thick to blend, add a splash of Silk® Almondmilk.
- Add sweetener to taste, if needed.
Keywords: mocha smoothie
Looking for ways to add more plant-based meals into your routine? Don’t forget to take the Silk® 30 Day Challenge! You can easily incorporate Silk® products while introducing more plant-based items to your menus.
Are you setting any fitness goals for 2020?