These deliciously crispy zucchini fries are baked in the oven for a healthy side dish!
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2/3 cup bread crumbs (or gluten free panko crumbs)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini, (about 3 medium), cut into 1/2-by-3-inch sticks
- 2 egg whites or 1 whole egg
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Blue cheese, marinara, or hot sauce (for dipping)
- Preheat oven to 475°F.
- Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Mix the bread crumbs, salt, and garlic powder and spread on a plate.
- Dip zucchini in egg white, and roll in breadcrumbs.
- Arrange the zucchini so they’re not touching, on the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake on the center rack for 10 minutes.
- Turn the zucchini over.
- Continue to bake until golden and just tender, about 8 to 10 minutes more.
- Serve with marinara, hot sauce, or blue cheese!
- Calories: 93