These deliciously crispy zucchini fries are baked in the oven for a healthy side dish!
- 2/3 cup bread crumbs (or gluten free panko crumbs)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini, (about 3 medium), cut into 1/2-by-3-inch sticks
- 1 egg (see note for vegan option)
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese (omit for vegan option)
- Blue cheese, marinara, or hot sauce (for dipping)
- Preheat oven to 475°F.
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper
- Mix the bread crumbs, salt, and garlic powder and spread on a plate.
- Dip zucchini in egg, and roll in breadcrumbs.
- Arrange the zucchini so they’re not touching, on the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake on the center rack for 10 minutes.
- Turn the zucchini over.
- Continue to bake until golden and just tender, about 8 to 10 minutes more.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
To make these vegan, skip the egg and use a dairy-free milk and flour combination instead. Combine 1/2 cup of almond milk with 1/4 tablespoons of flour. Whisk together until it forms a paste. Dip each zucchini in the flour mixture and let any excess runoff. Roll each zucchini piece in the breadcrumbs, and place on the baking sheet.
Keywords: zucchini fries