This ravioli lasagna is a tasty dinner that comes together easily! With just three ingredients, you can get this kid-friendly meal in the oven in less than 10 minutes!
I almost didn’t post this recipe because honestly, it barely counts as a recipe. But I figured I’m probably not the only one who enjoys a delicious yet so-easy-your-kids-could-make-this kind of recipe, right? If you’re looking for an easy, one-pan meal, this ravioli lasagna is the answer.
How to Make Ravioli Lasagna
Spray a baking pan with non-stick spray, then cover the bottom with pasta sauce. Arrange the frozen ravioli in a single layer.
Top with mozzarella cheese, then repeat. Add a second layer of sauce, ravioli, and mozzarella cheese.
Then cover the pan with foil and bake for 40 minutes, covered. Remove the foil and continue to bake for 10-15 minutes until the cheese is bubbly.
Can you use frozen ravioli to make lasagna?
Yes! This recipe uses frozen ravioli. You don’t need to thaw or cook the ravioli before baking. I like using cheese ravioli but you can use any kind you prefer.
Can you use fresh ravioli to make lasagna?
Yes, but you’ll need to reduce the baking time of this recipe. Fresh ravioli cooks faster. Cover it and bake for 15 minutes, then remove the foil and bake for 10-15 minutes uncovered until the cheese is bubbly.
What’s the best ravioli for lasagna?
I usually buy the Kroger brand cheese ravioli, but any frozen ravioli will work. I’ve made it with Lobster ravioli for Alex, and I’ve done it with spinach ravioli to add in extra veggies. You can also do this with vegan ravioli, but you’ll also want to substitute the cheese for vegan cheese if you want to keep this dairy-free.
This ravioli lasagna is a tasty dinner that comes together quickly! With just three ingredients, you can get this kid-friendly meal in the oven in less than 10 minutes!
- 24 oz pasta sauce
- 1 1/2 lbs frozen ravioli (any variety)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- Optional: Parmesan cheese, basil for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 13×9 inch pan with non stick spray.
- Add 1/2 cup of pasta sauce to the bottom of the pan. Tap the pan on the sides to distribute evenly across the bottom.
- Arrange the ravioli in a single layer over the sauce.
- Top with 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Add a little more sauce on top of the cheese. Layer again with ravioli, sauce, and the remaining cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and continue to bake for 10-15 minutes until cheese is bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and top with parmesan cheese or basil, if desired.
- Let sit for a few minutes before serving.
I love Rao’s Tomato Basil pasta sauce for this recipe.
Keywords: Ravioli Lasagna
How to reheat leftover ravioli lasagna
This dish reheats well, so don’t worry if you have leftovers! Store any leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container. To reheat, remove each portion onto a microwave-safe dish and reheat for 1 minute or until heated through.
What to serve with ravioli lasagna
Need a side dish to serve with your lasagna? This easy Italian Chopped Salad! With salty feta and spicy pepperoncini, this is a delicious way to enjoy your vegetables!