Did you all watch the Super Bowl last night? I’m more of a commercials person but whether you’re watching for the game or the ads, I think we can all agree that the food is the most important part. Am I right? I put together a pretty simple appetizer last night so I thought I’d share! It’s a perfect recipe to whip up at the last minute (or a little ahead of time, which is what I did) and it just happens to be gluten free!
How cute are these peppers?Print
Creamy Feta Stuffed Peppers
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Yield: 8
- 12 mini sweet peppers
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 3 oz feta
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp fresh dill
- Slice the peppers lengthwise. When you’re slicing, make sure you slice it so that the halves will lay somewhat flat.
- Scoop out the seeds and discard.
- In a small bowl, stir the feta, cream cheese, garlic powder, and dill until combined.
- It might be a bit lumpy. You can use a handmixer or just stir and stir! It’s ok if there are some lumps left from the feta.
- Stuff each pepper with a bit of filling and then if you like, you can sprinkle with a bit more dill.
- Serve immediately or pop them in the fridge for a few hours before serving.
Aren’t they adorable? Honestly, the filling possibilities are pretty endless. Next up? I might have to try hummus!
I’ve actually been taking these little peppers to work with me and snacking on them in the afternoons with a bit of hummus. After a few days of snacking, I just couldn’t resist the urge to stuff them! Feta is a favorite of mine and I had a bunch of dill leftover from making these roasted potatoes and chickpeas. The dill was practically begging to be used! These are a perfect party food but I could even see them as an afternoon snack! If you have leftover filling, just dunk some pita chips in it!
Don’t forget to pin it so you can make it later!