We had some friends over last night and I put together a pretty simple appetizer last night so I thought I’d share! It’s a perfect recipe to whip up at the last minute (or a little ahead of time, which is what I did) and it just happens to be gluten-free!
How cute are these peppers? I’ve actually been taking these little peppers to work with me and snacking on them in the afternoons with a bit of hummus. After a few days of snacking, I just couldn’t resist the urge to stuff them!
Feta is a favorite of mine and I had a bunch of dill leftover from making these roasted potatoes and chickpeas. The dill was practically begging to be used! These are a perfect party food but I could even see them as an afternoon snack! If you have leftover filling, just dunk some pita chips in it!
Picking the perfect peppers
- You can usually find these mini peppers sold in a clear plastic container at the grocery store. I haven’t seen them sold in bulk, but keep an eye out for them!
- Look for peppers that are similar in size, so they’ll use a consistent amount of filling.
- Pick peppers that are smaller, about 3″ in length. That will give you a good pepper to stuffing ratio!
These little feta stuffed peppers are a delicious vegetarian and gluten free appetizer!
- 12 mini sweet peppers
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 3 oz feta cheese
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp fresh dill
- Slice the peppers lengthwise. When you’re slicing, make sure you slice it so that the halves will lay somewhat flat.
- Scoop out the seeds and discard.
- In a small bowl, stir the feta, cream cheese, garlic powder, and dill until combined.
- It might be a bit lumpy. You can use a handmixer or just stir and stir! It’s ok if there are some lumps left from the feta.
- Stuff each pepper with a bit of filling and then if you like, you can sprinkle with a bit more dill.
- Serve immediately or pop them in the fridge for a few hours before serving.
Keywords: feta stuffed peppers
Aren’t they adorable? Honestly, the filling possibilities are pretty endless. Next up? I might have to try hummus!
Looking for another easy party snack? This Mexican Street Corn Salad is always a crowd favorite!