Warm Taco Dip
This post is sponsored by McCormick Gourmet™. The opinions and text are all mine.
This Warm Taco Dip is creamy and cheesy with plenty of spices for a deliciously spicy flavor. This is the perfect dip to serve with your favorite tacos or enchiladas!
I’m so excited to partner with McCormick Gourmet™ for this recipe, because my pantry is always stocked with their spices! This Warm Taco Dip is made with their Ancho Chile Pepper, Chipotle Chile Pepper, and Cayenne Pepper, so you can be sure each bite is filled with heat! To balance out the flavor, I also added McCormick Gourmet™ Ground Cumin and plenty of Garlic Powder.
Tips for Stocking Your Spice Cabinet
It’s no surprise that spices can add tons of flavor to your favorite dishes, but most of us reach for the same familiar spices, and I want to challenge you to add a few new ones into the mix! Quality spices make a huge difference, and McCormick Gourmet™ Spices are a great way to liven up everyday recipes.
- If you love spicy flavors, stock your pantry with Ancho Chile Pepper, Chipotle Chile Pepper, and Cayenne Pepper! Each of these spices adds a different dimension of heat to your dish. Play around with these flavors to see which one, or which combination, is your favorite!
- I’m a huge fan of Garlic Powder and Ground Cumin, and I love keeping these on hand for dips and hummus. If you haven’t replaced these in a while, give them a sniff. If you don’t smell a strong scent, it’s probably past its prime and it’s time to replace it!
I picked up all of these McCormick Gourmet™ spices in the spice aisle at Publix!
How to Make Warm Taco Dip
This Taco Dip is easy to assemble, and you can get it in the oven in just a few minutes. Start by mixing the cream cheese, sour cream, refried beans, and spices together. Place the mixture in the bottom of a small casserole dish.
Top with your favorite tomato salsa.
Top with cheese and bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly.
Remove the dip from the oven and top with diced red onion, chopped avocado, and fresh cilantro.
Obviously, tortilla chips are the most popular thing to serve with Taco Dip, but feel free to get creative! This dip is also delicious served with slices of bell pepper or plantain chips. You could also add this directly on to your favorite tacos or enchiladas!Print
This Warm Taco Dip is creamy and cheesy with plenty of spicy flavor. It’s the perfect side dish to serve with your favorite tacos or enchiladas!
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can (15 oz.) vegetarian refried beans
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Garlic Powder
- ¼ teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Ground Cumin
- ½ teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Cayenne Red Pepper
- ¼ teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Ancho Chile Pepper
- ¼ teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Chipotle Chile Pepper
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 ripe avocado, chopped
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees °F.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese and sour cream.
- Mix in the refried beans and add the McCormick Gourmet™ Garlic Powder, Cumin, Cayenne Pepper, Ancho Chile Pepper, and Chipotle Chile Pepper. Stir until combined.
- Scoop the mixture into the bottom of a small casserole dish.
- Top with salsa, then cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Top with avocado, red onion, and cilantro.
Keywords: warm taco dip
This Warm Taco Dip is definitely going to be a new Taco Tuesday staple at my house! Leave a comment below and let me know what kind of tacos you’d serve this with!