Buffalo Chickpea Tacos
These buffalo chickpea tacos are spicy and crispy with plenty of crunchy toppings. They only take a few minutes to assemble and they can be made vegan and gluten-free!
I’m seriously wondering why it took me so long to make these tacos. We make chickpea tacos often and after yet another round of delicious buffalo cauliflower tacos, buffalo chickpea tacos were a no-brainer. You can prep your toppings while the chickpea roast, so this recipe comes together pretty easily. Also, you can make these buffalo chickpea tacos as spicy as you like!
The Best Buffalo Sauce for Tacos
I used Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Sauce which might not be the most “natural” buffalo sauce but it’s gluten-free and vegan. If you want a more natural option, Tessemae’s and New Primal both make pretty clean sauces. Those sauces can be a little harder to find at the grocery store but you can order them on Amazon if you can’t find them locally!
Not only do these tacos taste amazing, but two of these have 18g of plant-based protein! That means these tasty tacos will fill you up. And if you make them with corn tortillas, they’re vegan and gluten-free! FYI, the sodium content of hot sauce can be pretty high, so look for a lower sodium hot sauce and use unsalted chickpeas to lower it.
- To keep these gluten-free, make sure your buffalo sauce is gluten-free and use corn tortillas.
- These tacos are vegan as long as you double-check your buffalo sauce!
- Feel free to switch up your toppings! You can add avocado or a drizzle of ranch if you need to tame the heat of these tacos.
Tips for Buffalo Chickpea Tacos
These buffalo chickpea tacos are spicy and crunchy, topped with a rainbow of vegetables. They only take a few minutes to assemble and they can be made vegan and gluten free!
- 1 15oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce, plus more for drizzling (see note)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 2 radishes, sliced into matchsticks
- 4 flour or corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine the chickpeas, cumin, hot sauce, and salt in a small bowl. Stir until the chickpeas are evenly coated.
- Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick spray. Spread the chickpeas in an even layer.
- Roast the chickpeas for 10 minutes, then stir and continue roasting for 5-10 minutes until browned.
- Top each tortilla with cabbage, radishes, and chickpeas. Drizzle with additional hot sauce, if desired.
I used Frank’s Original Hot Sauce. I can’t say that it’s the most “natural” option but it does happen to be gluten free and vegan.
Keywords: buffalo chickpea tacos
You could easily double this recipe if you want to make enough tacos for four people. I should tell you that your tacos might be slightly fuller than mine … since I ended up eating quite a few chickpeas right off the baking sheet. They were just too good to resist! Looking for other ways to use chickpeas? Check out this post for tons of ideas!
Need a good side dish to go with these tacos? Try these Mexican Style Black Beans!
Or whip up a bowl of this Mexican street corn salad recipe! There’s a reason why it’s one of my most popular recipes!
If you can’t get enough of the buffalo flavor, try these buffalo cauliflower tacos next!