4 Ingredient Baked Goat Cheese
This baked goat cheese dip is made with just 4 ingredients! This creamy dip is perfect to serve with a toasted baguette for dipping.
Are you ready for one of the easiest appetizers of all time? I laughed at how simple this was. At first, I felt a little silly for posting such a simple recipe, but I know you all love easy recipes as much as I do! This recipe is perfect when you’re having friends over and you want to spend more time catching up and less time preparing food.
Goat Cheese Dip Ingredients
- Goat Cheese– Obviously you can’t make goat cheese dip without it! Look for a plain log of goat cheese without added flavors or herbs.
- Marinara Sauce– I like Rao’s Tomato Basil which has a delicious flavor and no added sugar.
- Baguette– I like a crusty french baguette but you can also ciabatta or a sourdough baguette. Any kind of bread with a hearty, chewy crust will be perfect!
- Olive Oil– Drizzling a little olive oil on the baguette helps create a deliciously crispy baguette that isn’t too dry.
Tips for Making Goat Cheese Dip
- Be sure to use a log of goat cheese, not goat cheese crumbles. Crumbled or shredded cheeses usually have anti-caking agents to keep the cheese from sticking together, which can alter the texture of this dish.
- Use a small, oven safe dish. Mine is about 3 inches by 6 inches which is the perfect size for a small log of goat cheese.
- To make this recipe gluten free, simply serve it with a gluten free baugette or gluten free crackers.
This baked goat cheese appetizer requires just 4 ingredients! It’s the perfect cheesy dish for a party!
- 1 small baguette, sliced into 1” thick slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4oz goat cheese log
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the baguette slices.
- Spread the slices onto a baking sheet in a single layer, then set aside.
- In a small oven-safe dish, add about ⅔ of the sauce.
- Place the goat cheese in the middle of the dish and cover with remaining sauce.
- Put the goat cheese in the preheated oven and set a timer for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, add the baguette slices to the oven and bake the cheese and baguette for another 10 minutes or until the bread is lightly brown.
- Carefully remove from oven and let the cheese cool slightly before serving.
- You can spoon the cheese mixture over the bread or dunk the bread into the dish.
Note: If you have an olive oil spray, you can spray the bread lightly for an even coating.
Be sure to use a log of goat cheese and not crumbled goat cheese.
Keywords: baked goat cheese appetizer
I’ve made this appetizer countless times and it’s a great recipe to make when you’re short on time! I love that I can pop this in the oven while I’m getting other things ready, then pull it out as guests are arriving!
Still craving goat cheese? Here are a few of my favorite goat cheese recipes!
Need more appetizer ideas? Here are a few of my favorite party recipes!