Taco nights happen fairly frequently over here. You don’t need a lot of specific ingredients and they tend to come together pretty quickly. You guys know I’m not into complicated-takes-2-hours-to-prepare recipes. I’m all about easy and healthy recipes. So I teamed up with MorningStar Farms (one of my long time favorite veggie burger brands) to come up with a 15 minute recipe for you!
Tacos are definitely one of my favorite dinners. Mexican food can easily be made vegetarian and beans are a naturally great source of protein for us vegetarians. While I’ve always enjoyed veggie burgers grilled up on their own, I decided to get “fancy” and incorporate them into taco night. The result was quite good…
Yes, 15 minutes. That’s seriously all you need. Well, and some taco ingredients.
Taco night just got even easier.Print
- 2 MorningStar Farms Black Bean Burgers
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- Handful fresh cilantro
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 avocado
- 4 hard taco shells
- 1/4 cup salsa
- Heat up a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook the veggie burgers according to the package directions, which takes about 3 minutes per side. I chopped mine up so it would cook faster and fit into the taco shells a little better.
- While those cook, season the rice with cilantro, salt and cumin.
- Slice up your avocado half into chunks.
- Scoop the rice, bean burger, and avocado into each shell and top with salsa.
- Serve hot!
I liked the added flavor these tacos had, compared to plain black bean tacos. These burgers have a good amount of spice to them which was perfect. I also picked up a pack of the MorningStar Farms Quinoa burgers that I just might have to turn into tacos as well! They’ve got a bunch of different veggie products so definitely check them out! They definitely make fast meals even easier.
What’s your favorite taco combination?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.