Easiest Stuffed Pepper Recipe… Ever
I didn’t get home until 9pm tonight, so I had to break my “no-snacking-after-8pm” rule, because there was no way I was skipping dinner 😉 I was trying to decide what to make, but I knew I wanted to eat FAST. The green pepper chillin in the fridge was looking like it needed to be used. So I started there. I’d been wanting to try a stuffed pepper recipe, so here’s what I threw together:
Easiest Stuffed Pepper Recipe EverPrint
This stuffed pepper can easily be made vegan!
- 1 medium green bell pepper
- 1/3 cup quinoa or ice
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup mixed veggies (I used frozen broccoli, carrots and mushrooms)
- 1 piece light Sargento cheese (optional, of course)
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast (I highly recommend this, especially if you don’t use the string cheese)
- Hot sauce, chili powder, garlic salt, & crushed red peppers
- Slice the top off your green pepper and pop that baby in the oven @ 350 for about 15 minutes.
- While that’s in the oven, sauté your rice, onion, and veggies in a skillet.
- In a small pot, bring 1/3 cup quinoa and 2/3 cup of water to a boil.
- Simmer for 15 minutes or until the quinoa has absorbed the water.
- Then chop up the cheese and put it in the pepper with your cooked veggies and quinoa.
- Stick it back in the oven for ~15 minutes, or until the pepper is soft and the cheese has browned a bit.
Slice it open and top with your spices and nutritional yeast. Rejoice that you just made a delicious dinner in half an hour. And if you covered your pan with foil, you pretty much don’t have any dishes to clean. I know, awesome.
This picture is pre-nooch, because sadly, I didn’t think about adding the nutritional yeast until after I’d started eating. And once I was eating, I was not stopping to take pictures 😉 I know it’s not exactly photogenic (I should have added some tomatoes or red pepper for color, but I didn’t have any) but trust me, what it lacks in look it makes up for in taste!
What would do you like to put into your stuffed peppers? Or for that matter, have you ever stuffed a pepper?