I don’t know what happened. I was sort of anti-pumpkin for awhile. Maybe because it’s so cliche? Or maybe because pumpkin goes from zero to everywhere in about 4 days? But this recipe might have me hooked. Just like every other Lululemon-wearing, yoga-praciticing, kale-loving, 20 somethings girl. I admit it.
After a pumpkin muffin situation (When I made these mini pumpkin muffins, I think I ate 32 of them over the course of about 4 days) I started thinking about a single serving way to curb a pumpkin craving. Luckily, this recipe worked like a charm!
- 2 tbsp pureed pumpkin
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp whole wheat pastry flour (or all purpose)
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tsp mini chocolate chips
- Combine everything except the chocolate chips in a small bowl.
- Spray a ramekin with non-stick spray and scoop the batter in.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Microwave on 50% power for 1½ - 2 minutes. (Check after 1½ since it depends on your microwave.)
- Once it's set, dig in!
Now I can satisfy a pumpkin chocolate chip craving without a whole tray of cookies calling my name.
If you love single serving recipes, you might want to give these others a try: