My friend Alexa has been visiting for a few days which is the best. We don’t get to see each other all that often but since we lived together for 3 years in our college days, we just fall back into a routine. I usually end up making a huge mess in the kitchen and we eat on the couch while talking through a movie. It’s the best. Especially when we experiment with a new healthy recipe… and it turns out to be delicious.
Since yesterday was Cinco De Mayo, naturally we needed to have tacos. Ever since discovering that the jalapeño ranch dressing at my work cafeteria is basically just sour cream and jalapeños, I’ve been on a mission to make my own spicy version of the dressing, but with Greek yogurt. I’m pleased to tell you that I think this version might be even better. Not to mention that this avocado yogurt dressing is much healthier! But don’t worry, it’s still spicy, creamy, and delicious! It’s perfect as a salad dressing, taco sauce, or veggie dip!
Did I mention this is so easy to make? If you want a smaller portion, just cut the recipe in half!
- 1 avocado
- ⅔ cup 0% plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 tsp jalapeno brine (from jarred jalapenos) or ½ jalapeno, diced
- 1 lime
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, removed from stem
- Pinch of salt
- Halve the avocado and remove the pit.
- In a food processor, add in the avocado, yogurt jalapeno brine (or jalapeno), juice from the lime, and the cilantro.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add salt to taste.
- Store in an air tight container.
- Note, if you want it to be more pour-able, just whisk in a little water or milk to thin it out. I personally like it thicker but feel free to thin it!
Blend it all up and try to resist eating it off a spoon! We had ours on some roasted cauliflower tacos served in lettuce leaves rather than taco shells. It was a healthy way to get our taco fix!
I’m also pretty positive that this dressing would be amazing on these cauliflower tacos.
Did I mention how amazing roasted cauliflower is in a taco? If you haven’t tried it yet, give it a shot and let me know what you think!