Alex and I are back in Richmond! We had such a fun time celebrating with family in Minnesota and North Dakota but now we’re getting back into the routine of things here in Virginia. Party season is still in full swing so I thought I’d share a recipe for a healthier party snack. I know that most diets start January 1st, but that doesn’t mean you have to go wait! Plus, a healthier dish is usually welcomed into a party as they’re sometimes hard to come by.
Usually, when I’m putting out a few snacks for a party, I like to keep it simple. I don’t want to be setting the timer on the oven and waiting for things to finish cooking on the stove while I’m welcoming people inside. So I find that party snacks that can be prepared a bit ahead of time are usually the easiest! Here’s one of my recent favorite recipes for a quick bite!
- 1 large pear
- 4 oz goat cheese
- ¼ cup Blue Diamond Honey Roasted Almonds
- Slice the pear into quarters, and then slice the quarters into three slices. You should have 12 thick pieces of pear.
- In a food processor or blender, chop the almonds until they're chopped into large chunks. You don't want it too fine.
- Spread a bit of goat cheese onto each pear and then top with the almonds.
- Pop them in the refrigerator if you're not serving them right away, but you don't want to make it too far ahead of time or the pear will brown a bit.
These honey roasted almonds are addicting! I can imagine tons of possibilities, from adding these to a cheese plate, tossing them into a trail mix, or eating a handful on the go! Does anyone else love almonds as a quick and healthy snack?
Pin these and make them before your next party! They’re a perfect healthy & gluten free appetizer!
Looking for more healthy appetizer ideas? Try these creamy feta stuffed peppers!
What’s your favorite party snack?
This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds.