There are a lot of things I’m good at.
- I can turn anything into a song. (Which is how I still know all of the US Presidents, in order.)
- I can walk down the stairs in heels, with a cup of coffee in one hand, while texting with my other hand.
- And don’t even get me started about my mix cd abilities.
But there are also a lot of things I’m not good at.
- I have no sense of direction. None.
- I cannot sit still through movies. Especially science fiction movies.
- I have no portion control. Sit me down next to a bag of tortilla chips, and I could probably finish them off in an hour. Maybe less.
Thankfully, once you’ve identified your weakness, you can figure out how to fix it. Or in my case, buy a GPS, watch movies in pieces on netflix, and try these recipes…
I can’t be the only one out there who likes to load up their plate with giant servings.
So here are some of my favorite huge-portion-low-calorie recipes and foods:
Last night, I was feeling like italian food, so I made this giant, yet low calorie Easy Italian Bake.
A giant 2 cup serving of this only has around 250 calories. And you get to eat and eat and eat.
Craving fast food? Slice up some butternut squash and make Butternut squash fries!
They taste like sweet potato fries, but you can eat a giant plate of them for a fraction of the calories!
In the mood for a snack bar, but want it to last more than 2 bites?
Make one of these cereal bars, which are about twice the size of a Larabar, for ~80 calories less!
Craving something sweet? Have you tried Arctic Zero, yet? (I know, it’s not a recipe, but it’s so good, you need to try it.)
Can’t find Arctic Zero in your area? Whip up some Banana Ice Cream for a sweet, low calorie treat!