Stovetop Brussels Sprouts with Almonds
These stovetop brussels sprouts are a quick and easy way to add a healthy side dish to any meal! The Brussels sprouts are cooked until brown and crispy, and the almonds add a delicious crunch!
How to Make Stovetop Brussels Sprouts
Trim the ends of the Brussels sprouts and slice in half.
Place the Brussels sprouts cut side down in a large non-stick skillet, then drizzle with olive oil.
Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes until bright green.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper and flip the Brussels sprouts. Continue cooking for 2-3 minutes, then add the sliced almond and lemon juice.
Stovetop Brussels Sprout Add-Ins
- If you don’t have sliced almonds, try this with walnuts instead!
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar for a savory, umami flavor.
- Try sprinkle fresh Parmesan or Pecorino Romano after toasting the almonds.
- For a hit of sweetness, sprinkle with fresh pomegranate seeds.
If the taste wasn’t enough to convince you to make this recipe, then how about the fact that Brussels sprouts are an excellent source of Vitamin K, which is important for bone health. They’re also a great source of fiber, vitamins A and B6, folate, thiamin, potassium, and manganese, as well as copper, calcium, and iron. Need I say more?Print
These stovetop brussels sprouts are a quick and easy way to add a healthy side dish to any meal! The Brussels sprouts are cooked until brown and crispy and the almonds add a delicious crunch!
- 1/2 lb brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the brussles sprouts cut side down in a large, non-stick skillet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, flip the brussles sprouts, and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the sliced almonds and lemon juice and continue to cook for 1-2 minutes until the almonds are toasted.
Keywords: Stovetop Brussels Sprouts with Almonds
If you have leftover Brussels sprouts, consider one of these other tasty recipes!
What’s your favorite way to prepare Brussels sprouts?