These pan-fried Brussels sprouts are a delicious and quick way to turn these vegetables into an addictive side dish!
- 1 lb sprouts, halved
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Trim the ends off the Brussels sprouts and cut them in half.
- In a large pan or cast iron skillet, heat the olive oil for over medium heat for 30 seconds.
- Place the brussels sprouts cut side down on the pan.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes until browned, then flip and continue to cook for 2-3 more minutes.
- When the sprouts have browned on both sides, remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the sliced almonds and stir for 1-2 minutes until just toasted. They should be light brown but not too dark.
- Top the brussels sprouts with the sliced almonds and add salt and pepper to taste.