Tuscan White Bean Soup
Thank you to Calphalon for sponsoring this post. As always, all opinions are my own.
The weather is finally cooling down which means soup weather has arrived! This Tuscan White Bean Soup is hearty but healthy with plenty of chopped vegetables and creamy white beans.
A few weeks ago, Alex and I were cooking dinner and we heard a loud popping sound. I looked down and realized that one of our pot lids had shattered. Maybe it was the heat or maybe it was just past it’s prime but I spent the next week forgetting that we were missing a pot lid and finding myself at a loss when trying to simmer a few things. Fast forward a couple of weeks and Calphalon reached out to see if I’d like to check out the new Calphalon Premier Space Saving Cookware! It was perfect timing. We’ve already put the set to good use and I’ve been so impressed with the quality.
The pans are coated with 3 layers of protective coating, so they’re quite durable. You can even use a metal whisk or spoon in the pots and pans without having to worry about scratching the surface! Plus, these pots and pans only take up about half the room that our old set took up!
For this recipe, I used the Calphalon Premier Space Saving 6 Qt. Stockpot with cover. It was perfect for this big batch of soup! If you’re not cooking for a crowd, you could divide the recipe in half, but this soup keeps well in the fridge so it doesn’t hurt to have leftovers!
This Tuscan white bean soup can be made in one pot. It’s perfect for a healthy, weeknight meal!
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped,
- 2 ribs of celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- 4 cups of water
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 large kale leaves, torn into 1-inch pieces
- 1 15oz can of diced tomatoes
- 4 15oz cans of cannellini beans
- 1 large sprig of rosemary (optional)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large 6 qt pot over medium heat until it’s shimmering.
- Add the onions, carrots, and celery and cook over low to medium heat for about 10 minutes, until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Add the garlic and continue to cook for 1 minute.
- Add the broth, water, bay leaves, tomatoes, and beans.
- Simmer for 20-25 minutes until vegetables are fully softened.
- Add the kale and bundle of rosemary and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes until the kale is bright green.
- Remove the rosemary and the bay leaves.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
Keywords: white bean soup
I was impressed with how evenly everything cooked in the bottom of the pan. There were no “hot spots” or places where it seemed like things weren’t getting the right amount of heat. This pot worked perfectly for this giant batch of soup!
Looking for the perfect side dish to serve with this Tuscan White Bean Soup?
This Lemon Kale Salad with Avocado is a great side dish option!