It feels like it’s been forever since I hopped on here and gave you a non-recipe post, so here we go!
What I’ve Been Reading
- If you’re craving all things pumpkin, here’s a list things you’ll love. Also, you should make this single serving pumpkin chocolate chip cookie because, obviously.
- There are a whole bunch of Halo Top imposters popping up. I’ve tried the Kroger brand (the birthday cake flavor wasn’t bad) and Breyers now has their own version but it’s pretty hard to find. If you’ve tried it, let me know what you think!
- I got completely sucked into this article about why restaurants like T.G.I. Fridays are dying. Spoiler: It’s not just because all their food is terrible. (Thanks for the find, Let’s Share a Dish!)
- I also found this article about essential oils fascinating. I like using lavender at night but I’m an essential oil newbie and this article made my head spin.
What I’ve Been Eating
- Alex has been making fresh bread on the regular, which means we’ve been eating a lot of soup. (Fresh bread + hot bowl of soup is the best combo.) This super easy chili verde recipe made an appearance and I’ve been revamping a split pea soup recipe so I’ll share that with you soon!
- I’m still working my way through the insane bag of samples that I took home from Expo East. I’m basically stocked with protein bars for the foreseeable future. Check out this post for some of my favorites.
- A new restaurant just opened in our neighborhood that looks awesome. (Local ingredients, lots of vegetarian options, etc.) I’m making Alex take me there tonight, so I’ll let you know how it is!
- We had a blogger event at Branch & Vine and their wine selection blew me away. I ended up buying a bottle of Pino Noir to take home because I loved it so much. If you’re in Richmond, I’d highly recommend checking them out!
What I’ve Been Doing
- If you follow my Instastories, you know I’ve been in D.C., Baltimore, Virginia Beach, and Minnesota. I’m ready to have a little more time at home in Richmond this month!
- I’ve started running again which has been an interesting challenge. I replaced my old running shoes with these and I’m loving them. I was initially having a lot of foot/heel pain but those shoes have helped a lot.
- We just finished watching Ozark (if you liked Breaking Bad, check it out!) and now we’re in need of a new show. Got any recommendations for us?