High Protein Vegan Breakfast Recipes
These vegan breakfast recipes are packed with protein to keep you energized all morning long! Whether you need to refuel after a workout or you want to stay full until lunchtime, these recipes are filled with plant-based protein!
It can be hard to find breakfast recipes that are high in protein and vegan. Even most vegetarian breakfast recipes rely on eggs or yogurt to create a balanced meal. But luckily, there are lots of delicious, vegan breakfast options out there! Before we dive into the recipes, I thought I’d share a few of my favorite high-protein vegan ingredients that I like to use in my breakfast recipes.
High Protein Vegan Breakfast Ingredients
- Tofu– Does it sound crazy to eat tofu for breakfast? Not if you scramble it! Believe it or not, tofu makes an amazing substitute for scrambled eggs. It’s delicious in breakfast burritos but it can also be eaten alone, with seasoning and hot sauce! Try it seasoned with nutritional yeast for an extra boost of protein.
- Chia Seeds– These are a great way to add a little protein to your favorite smoothie, but they can even be used in muffins and pancakes! I use chia seeds in my vegan blueberry muffins and it’s an easy way to add a little more protein and fiber, while also providing a binding agent instead of an egg!
- Almond Flour– This is a great way to add protein to your favorite baked goods. My Applesauce Almond Flour Muffins and my Pumpkin Almond Flour Muffins are both a great breakfast option!
- Whole Wheat Bagels– While bagels don’t tend to be the most nutritious option, there are tons of new high protein bagel options on the market! I love Dave’s Killer Bread for high protein, lower calorie bagles that taste great!
- Quinoa– This little seed is high an protein and it can be used as an oatmeal replacement in grain bowls as well as granola! It’s a great ingredient for vegans because it’s also a complete protein, meaning it contains all the essential amino acids.
- Peanut Butter– Peanut butter contains a hefty amount of protein and you probably have some in your pantry! Try it drizzled on your bowl of oatmeal or blended into your next smoothie!
Now that we’ve covered some of the basic protein sources, let’s dive into the recipes! I hope this list of high protein vegan breakfast recipes helps you start your day on the right foot! Don’t forget to pin these recipes so you can find them later!
High Protein Vegan Breakfast Recipes
Overnight Apple Pie Chia Pudding
This apple pie overnight chia pudding is the ultimate Fall breakfast that is perfect for busy mornings. It’s vegan, gluten free, and takes only 10 minutes to prep. Perfect for an on the go breakfast!
Vegan Tempeh "Bacon"
Tempeh makes a delicious substitute for bacon and it's loaded with protein! Once you marinate it with seasoning, tempeh cooks up quickly! Enjoy it on a breakfast sandwich or eat it with a little fruit for a high protein vegan breakfast!
Chickpea Asparagus Frittata
Perfect for breakfast or brunch, this eggless asparagus frittata uses chickpea flour in place of eggs to make an vegan friendly, delicious omelette for all to enjoy.
Chocolate And Pumpkin Breakfast Smoothie | Easy and Healthy Recipes
This dairy-free Chocolate and Pumpkin Breakfast Smoothie is perfect if you’ve got a sweet tooth and after an easy and healthy nourishing breakfast recipe. It’s rich, creamy and decadent. Plus, with zero added sugar and bursting with good-for-you ingredients, it’ll surely power you through till lunchtime!
High Protein Vegan Breakfast Burritos
Vegan breakfast burritos with plenty of protein? Yes please! Nopalitos, black beans, thin-sliced new potatoes, avocado, red chile sauce, and yes, crumbled tofu all wrapped up in a soft flour tortilla… High Protein Vegan Breakfast Burritos are loaded with the flavors of the southwest, and full of nutrients! What a great way to kick start your day!
Spicy Tofu Scramble Breakfast Tacos (Vegan)
Spicy Tofu Scramble Breakfast Tacos are vegan and gluten-free, made with spicy scrambled tofu, nutritional yeast, peppers and onions. They’re easy to make and perfect to meal prep for breakfast!
The Best Vegan Bagel Sandwich
A whole wheat bagel, hummus, and avocado give this breakfast plenty of protein and fiber to keep you going all morning! This is one of the easiest vegan breakfast recipes ever!
Breakfast Salad with Mushrooms, Avocado and Tomatoes
Try this vegan breakfast salad recipe for a fantastic way to kick off your day! This breakfast salad with protein packed pan fried mushrooms, avocado and marinated tomatoes is delicious and will up your servings of vegetables for the day.
Breakfast Quinoa is a great recipe if you need a change from your usual oatmeal. Fruity, nutty and packed with protein, I love to serve this Quinoa with lashings of luxurious cashew cream
Healthy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bowl
A satisfying 5 minute healthy breakfast that is wholesome, packed with nutrients and so yummy! Topped with fresh fruit, coconut shreds and dark chocolate.
Southwest Sweet Potato, Kale & Black Bean Skillet
This Southwest Sweet Potato and Kale Skillet is a flavorful and nourishing way to start your day. It stores and reheats well, so it's perfect for meal prep!
Vegan White Bean Scramble with Almond Bacon (GF)
This Vegan White Bean Scramble with Almond Bacon is super easy to make, full of flavour and is a great protein-packed breakfast!
Vegan Corn Fritters
Corn fritters are a classic New Zealand breakfast food, and a great dish to add to your breakfast routine. The buckwheat and chia seeds in these corn fritters give them a high protein and high nutritious punch.
Raspberry Cream Overnight Oats with Chia Jam
These raspberry cream overnight oats with chia jam are the perfect refined sugar free, dairy free, high protein breakfast!
This Tofu Scramble is a delicious and healthy alternative to scrambled eggs. Customize it by adding diced vegetables of your choice.
Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie (No Protein Powder Required)
This high protein smoothie doesn't require any protein powder. There's a secret ingredient that I love to add into nearly all of my smoothies!
Looking for more delicious recipe ideas? View all of my healthy breakfast recipes here!
Great article. I’ve found that many people have trouble adapting to a plant based diet. This cookbook really helped me out. It’s full of delicious recipes that will satisfy your appetite even if you’re just starting to go vegan.
Protein is always an important part of breakfast at my house, and I’m excited to have some new recipes to try! Thanks for including my high protein vegan breakfast burritos! Off to share…