I prepped a batch of lentils to make lentil tacos and I found myself with a few cups to spare. I took a peek in the fridge and saw that I had some feta that was begging to be used. A few minutes later, I had a lentil salad that I kept eating by the forkful as I set up my camera to snap a few photos.
I was actually shocked at how delicious this was with just a few ingredients, so I wanted to pass it along! This is a perfect make-ahead recipe to pack for lunch!
Once you have some cooked lentils, this recipe comes together in just a few minutes!
You can use brown, green, or black lentils. I wouldn’t recommend red lentils though, as they don’t hold their shape as well.
This lentil salad comes together in just a few minutes! It’s vegetarian, gluten free, and a perfect healthy lunch or dinner!
- 2 cups cooked brown lentils
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp diced red onion
- Handful of parsley, chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- This recipe is as simple as combining all the ingredients. You can either eat it at room temperature or keep it in the fridge.
- I found that I didn’t need to add an extra salt and pepper since I had cooked my lentils in vegetable broth. If you’ve simply cooked yours in water, it might need a little salt and pepper.
Keywords: Easy lentil salad
Sometimes I feel silly posting recipes as simple as this one, but if I’m being honest, these are the recipes that I make over and over again. I don’t like buying specific ingredients for one recipe, so I like when I can use up the rest of the feta from these stuffed peppers and the last of the red onion from these black bean tacos.
Alex and I set a few goals over the weekend, one of which is to waste less food. I buy a lot of groceries and I don’t always use things up before they go bad, so I’m trying to find new ways to recycle leftover ingredients. Salads like these make it easy!
This chickpea salad is another great recipe that you can assemble in just a few minutes!