Not surprisingly, I cook a lot. And sometimes a recipe turns out fantastic but I know I’ll never make it again because it was just too complicated. There’s something satisfying about tackling a difficult recipe, but once you’ve done it… it’s not as magical to do it again. But when something turns out fantastic and it’s super easy then I know it’s going to be a regular feature at the dinner table. When I took a bite of this goat cheese pasta I couldn’t believe it was so easy. Seriously, get excited.
5 Ingredient Creamy Goat Cheese Pasta
This creamy and delicious pasta requires just a handful of ingredients!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: Serves 4
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Vegetarian
- 12 oz whole wheat pasta
- 4 oz soft goat cheese
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Wash the asparagus and snap about 1 inch off of the ends and drizzle with olive oil
- Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook until al dente. (This should take about as long as the asparagus.)
- Reserve 1 cup of pasta water and then drain the rest. Add the pasta water to the goat cheese and stir until creamy. Add to the pasta.
- Chop the asparagus and add into the creamy pasta. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and red pepper flakes, if desired.
I made this pasta with chickpea noodles because they’ve got a little extra protein and fiber. Banza is my personal favorite (you can find them at Target and most grocery stores) but I’ve also tried Pasta Lensi, and that brand was good, too.
I also have a vegan brownie recipe I might need to share with you soon. They turned out better than I expected and even though I’m not vegan, I rarely have eggs in my house so recipes like that are good to have around. Now I’m just glad it’s Friday! My question today is a little selfish because I have some goat cheese left over. So tell me…