This creamy and delicious pasta requires just a handful of ingredients and it’s ready in 15 minutes!
- 12 oz whole wheat pasta or chickpea pasta
- 4 oz soft goat cheese
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- While you wait for the water to boil, wash the asparagus and snap about 1 inch off of the ends.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water. When there is 5 minutes left in the cooking time, add the asparagus to the pot of pasta and cook until the pasta al dente. (If your asparagus is really thick, it may need up to 7 minutes.)
- Reserve 1 cup of pasta water and then drain the rest of the water from the pot. Add the pasta water to the goat cheese and stir until creamy. Add to the cheese to the pasta and asparagus mixture.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and red pepper flakes, if desired.
Keywords: Goat Cheese Pasta