I haven’t been eating as many salads lately, since it’s been so chilly. This meant that I had a couple of bunches of kale sitting in my fridge, begging to be used. I finally decided I’d use them up on a warm kale salad. After having such a delicious dish at The Savory Grain, I had a rough idea in mind of how I wanted to turn out. This actually turned out to be a simpler salad than I thought (thanks to an avocado gone bad) and I think this would be a lovely side dish, or a main dish if you added a little quinoa.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 bunch kale
- ½ lemon
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan Romano cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat up the oil in a large sauce pan, and add in the garlic powder.
- Tear the kale into small pieces, removing the stems.
- Add them to the oil and toss to coat.
- Cook the kale over medium heat for 2 minutes, just until it softens. It shouldn't take long, and you don't want it to get soggy.
- Juice half of a lemon, and drizzle over top.
- Toss with the shredded cheese and add a little salt and pepper.
- Serve warm.
P.S. I just got a new recipe plug in, so now it’s easy for you to print/save a recipe!
It felt good to get in some greens, since I hadn’t been doing a wonderful job of that recently. Saturday was so busy, I barely had time for anything more than a few slices of pizza. I did, however, manage to find time to take a class at Richmond Barre.
Saturday afternoon we had a Virginia Bloggers barre class at Richmond Barre, and let me tell you, I’m going to be sore for awhile. My legs were shaking! I can’t wait to go back! It was also so much fun getting to meet some new-to-me bloggers in person! Thanks to everyone who came out for the class!