Warm kale salad is a delicious way to eat your greens! It’s a simple recipe with salty parmesan and spicy red pepper flakes, and it’s a perfect side dish for any dinner.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 bunch curly kale
- 1 tablespoon lemon juiice
- 2 oz shredded Parmesan or Pecorino Romano cheese (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat up the oil in a large saucepan, and add in the minced garlic.
- Tear the kale into small pieces, removing the stems.
- Add them to the oil and toss to coat.
- Cook the kale over medium heat for 2 minutes, just until it softens. It shouldn’t take long, and you don’t want it to get soggy.
- Toss with the lemon juice, shredded cheese, sunflower seeds, and red pepper flakes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm.
Keywords: warm kale salad