This warm kale salad is a simple side dish recipe that only takes a few minutes to make!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 bunch kale
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 oz shredded Parmesan or Pecorino Romano cheese (about 1/2 cup)
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat up the oil in a large saucepan, and add in the minced garlic.
- Tear the kale into small pieces, removing the stems.
- Add them to the oil and toss to coat.
- Cook the kale over medium heat for 2 minutes, just until it softens. It shouldn’t take long, and you don’t want it to get soggy.
- Juice half of a lemon, and drizzle over top.
- Toss with the shredded cheese and red pepper flakes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm.
Keywords: warm kale salad