Warm kale salad is a delicious way to eat your greens! It’s a simple recipe with salty Parmesan and spicy red pepper flakes, and it’s a perfect side dish for any dinner.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 bunch curly kale, torn into pieces, stems removed (about 4 cups)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 oz shredded Parmesan or Pecorino Romano cheese (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons pepitas or sunflower seeds
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Salt to taste
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat for 30 seconds.
- Add the garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the kale and continue to sauté over medium heat for 3-4 minutes until it softens. The kale should be bright green and tender.
- Transfer the kale to a bowl and toss with lemon juice, shredded cheese, pepitas, and red pepper flakes.
- Add salt to taste. Serve warm.
This post was originally published in Feb 2014. Updated Nov 2022.
Keywords: warm kale salad