Ok, I’m a little embarrassed. How did I not know that white balsamic vinegar was a thing? When I was home visiting my parents, my mom found a recipe for kale salad that included white balsamic vinegar. I searched and searched and could not find it. Finally, I realized that it was there with all the other balsamic vinegars, in a dark colored bottle (confusing!) and we grabbed a bottle to take home.
The kale salad she made was delicious so I couldn’t resist recreating something similar when I got home! I’m not sure of the exact recipe that she used but I think this one is pretty close!
White Balsamic & Strawberry Kale Salad
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 2
- Category: Salad
- 1 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp agave (or honey)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 6 large curly kale leaves
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- Whisk together the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, agave, and salt. Set aside.
- Wash and try the kale leaves, then tear into small pieces, removing the stems.
- In a large bowl, massage the kale leaves with the dressing.
- Once the kale has softened a little, slice the strawberries and add them on top.
- Sprinkle with pine nuts and serve.
I’ve already made this recipe twice in the past week! I need to re-stock my strawberries so I can continue this kale salad addiction.
It has such an amazing flavor and the dressing is a healthier option than a lot of bottled salad dressings. Plus, it’s hard to beat fresh strawberries! If you don’t have any pine nuts, you could swap in almonds or walnuts. Pine nuts are pricey but they’re so delicious!
This is going to be my go-to summer salad! Make sure you pin it so you can make it later!