These crispy roasted chickpeas are easy to make in the oven! Add your favorite seasonings and roast them until they’re deliciously crunchy!
Oh my goodness. Stop what you’re doing because I’m about to show you your new favorite snack. Or salad topping. Or a side dish. Or whatever-you-want-to-call-it recipe. Heck, I’d probably eat these for dessert.
These spicy roasted chickpeas are salty, crunchy, tasty, and healthy. Plus, they’re quick and easy to make!
How to Make Crispy Roasted Chickpeas
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas and gently pat dry with a clean paper towel.
- Toss with olive oil and seasonings.
- Spread onto a single layer, being sure not to crowd the pan.
- Roast until the chickpeas are crispy, stirring during the baking process, so they cook evenly.
The Best Seasoning for Crispy Chickpeas
I love a combination of garlic, crushed red pepper, salt, and pepper for a spicy snack! They’re also delicious tossed with Italian seasonings like oregano, garlic, and parsley. For a completely different twist, toss with buffalo sauce and make these buffalo chickpea tacos!Print
These roasted chickpeas are a perfect snack, salad topping, or side dish!
- 1 15oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Toss your chickpeas and olive oil together in a large bowl until the chickpeas are lightly coated.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients so the spices are evenly coating the chickpeas.
- Spread onto a foil lined baking sheet, and pop in the oven at 450 for about 20 minutes, stirring the pan halfway through.
- They’re done when they shrink up a little bit, and get crunchy on the outside.
Keywords: crispy roasted chickpeas
These won’t last long. They’re super delicious. Crispy, salty, and just the right amount of spicy. And it takes almost no time at all to get these ready for the oven. Oh yeah, and they’re healthy.
If you have an air fryer, learn how to make crispy chickpeas in an air fryer!