Oh my goodness. Stop what you’re doing because I’m about to show you your new favorite snack. Or salad topping. Or side dish. Or whatever-you-want-to-call-it recipe. Heck, I’d probably eat these for dessert.
These spicy roasted chickpeas are salty, crunchy, spicy, and… yes. healthy.
The other great thing about this recipe is that it only takes about 5 minutes of prep before you can pop them in the oven. Easy peasy. Or Easy… chickpeasy. Ok I’m done.
Spicy Roasted ChickpeasPrint
These spicy roasted chickpeas are a perfect snack, salad topping, or side dish!
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic minced (or 1/4 tsp garlic powder)
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450.
- Toss your chickpeas and olive oil together in a large bowl until the chickpeas are lightly coated.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients so the spices are evenly coating the chickpeas.
- Spread onto a foil lined baking sheet, and pop in the oven at 450 for about 20 minutes, stirring the pan halfway through.
- They’re done when they shrink up a little bit, and get crunchy on the outside.
These won’t last long. They’re super delicious. Crispy, salty, and just the right amount of spicy. And it takes almost no time at all to get these ready for the oven. Oh yeah, and they’re healthy.
This is totally going to be my new favorite snack.