Pesto Stuffed Mushrooms
I’ve got quite a kitchen success to share with you all today. It was a success because:
- It’s a super easy recipe (obviously) that sounds fancy
- I made something with mushrooms. And I used to hate mushrooms.
But first of all, let’s cover the weekend. Alex’s birthday was on Sunday, so the weekend was packed with lots of festivities. We celebrated with friends Saturday night and then Sunday, I planned a day around the city. It began with Brunch at EAT in Oregon Hill (which you may remember from my post with the RVA Brunch Club).
After brunch, we browsed around the Pop Art Exhibit at the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts and then watched the Twins win from a comfortable spot on the couch. We wrapped up the evening with dinner from 821 Cafe (highly recommend it!) and Oreo Espresso ice cream from Bev’s. Solid Sunday, right?
But let’s get back to the kitchen.
Remember that time I told you to make that super easy pesto recipe? Well if you didn’t, then I’m demanding you get in the kitchen and make it, because you’re going to need it for the recipe. But don’t worry. It will only take an extra 5 minutes to make these. But you can impress your friends with stuffed mushrooms. Because there is something about stuffed mushrooms that just sound fancy. And then when pesto gets involved, it’s a party.
Pesto Stuffed MushroomsPrint
- 10 button mushrooms
- 1/4 cup pesto (super easy recipe here)
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Olive oil spray
- Wash and dry the mushrooms, and remove the stems, so you have little hollow mushrooms.
- Combine the pesto, bread crumbs, and parmesan cheese in a small bowl. It might be easiest to use your hands.
- Then scoop in a little bit of the mixture into each mushroom, so it’s piled high.
- Spray a baking sheet with olive oil and spread out your ‘shrooms.
- Let them bake in the oven until they start to brown. Be careful, these will be hot!
To be fair, I’d never actually had a stuffed mushroom before. I have only recently started to befriend the little fungi. (Maybe it’s a texture thing?) But I have to admit, I really liked these.
I’m going to keep these in mind next time I need to serve fancy-schmancy party snacks.