Nutella Baked Oats
If you love Nutella, these blended baked oats are for you! This recipe tastes like a rich, decadent dessert but it’s healthy enough for breakfast. It’s no surprise why this TikTok trend went viral!
I’m loving the blended baked oats trend because it’s just as healthy as a bowl of oatmeal, but blending and baking the oats really does make it taste more like cake! Of course, adding toppings like Nutella and banana help take this recipe up a notch! I’ve definitely enjoyed this recipe for dessert, but it really is still a nice way to start the day.
What exactly are blended baked oats?
These baked oats are made from blending raw oats with milk, eggs, banana, sweetener, and baking powder. Blending the oats creates a soft, cake-like texture. Since we are using oats instead of flour you do not need to worry about over-mixing the ingredients. Keep blending until everything looks really smooth. The mixture will look a little runny but it will firm up upon baking.
Ingredients & Substitutions
The basic ingredients for blended baked oats are oats, banana, egg, almond milk, and baking powder. From there, you can customize your own with your favorite toppings and mix-ins. For this recipe, I added additional cinnamon, banana and Nutella. It’s so rich and chocolatey, perfect for a dessert lover like me!
The Best Blender for Blended Oats
This recipe has been tested in a Magimix blender, a Vitamix, and a KitchenAid blender, however, this recipe will work in any blender, smoothie maker, or Nutribullet. You could even use a food processor. Check out my blog post on how to get the best results from your blender for more tips.
The Best Oats for Blended Oats
This recipe works with rolled oats (also called old fashioned oats) or quick oats. This recipe does not work with steel cut oats. Oats do not contain gluten, but be sure to check the package to ensure it’s gluten-free if you’re preparing these for someone with a gluten allergy.
Are blended oats healthy?
Yes! Oats are a whole grain which means they’re a good source of protein and fiber. These blended oats also contain potassium and fiber from the banana. If you’re looking for a lower sugar alternative to Nutella, try Justin’s chocolate hazelnut butter which has a lot of the same flavor with less than half the sugar.
How to Make Blended Oats
Frequently Asked Questions
- How should I store leftovers? Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days. Reheat in the microwave until piping hot.
- Can I make this recipe vegan? Yes! To make this recipe vegan use maple syrup and not honey. You can use flaxseed egg instead of egg. Combine 1 tbsp of flaxseed and 3 tbsp of water, allow to sit for 5 minutes then use in place of the egg in the recipe. You can even skip the egg altogether, it just won’t rise quite as much.
- Can I lower the sugar? Yes. Try Justin’s chocolate hazelnut butter which has a lot of the same flavor with less than half the sugar compared to Nutella.
- Can I double the recipe? This recipe can be increased easily. If you are making it in a larger dish with double the quantities, increase the baking time by ten minutes. You will know the oats are cooked when they have risen, feel springy to the touch and are shrinking away from the edges of the dish.
- Can I use dairy milk? I used almond milk because that is what the original viral Tik Tok recipe uses. However, we have tested this with cow’s milk and oat milk and the recipe works just as well. Use whichever milk is your preference.
- Can I skip the banana? You can substitute the banana for 1/2 cup applesauce.
Nutella Baked Oats
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
If you love Nutella, these blended baked oats are for you! They taste like a rich, decadent dessert but this recipe is healthy enough for breakfast!
- 1 cup rolled oats or quick oats
- 2 ripe bananas, divided
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons Nutella or chocolate hazelnut spread (plus extra for drizzling, if desired)
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Grease two 8 ounce ramekins with butter or spray cooking oil.
- Add the oats to a blender and pulse for a few seconds until the oats are fine and look like flour.
- Add one banana, egg, almond milk, baking powder, and cinnamon to the blender. Blend on high for a minute or so until all the ingredients are fully combined.
- Divide the ingredients between the two ramekins.
- Add one tablespoon of Nutella to each ramekin and mix to combine.
- Bake in the center of the preheated oven for 20-22 minutes or until the oats have risen and are springy to the touch.
- Top with remaining banana. Add additional Nutella, if desired.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Keywords: nutella baked oatmeal, tiktok oats, tiktok blended oats, nutella oats
More Oatmeal Recipes
If you’re enjoying the blended oats trend, try my Biscoff Baked Oats or my Raspberry Baked Oats. I think you’ll enjoy them! Looking for more traditional baked oatmeal recipes? Try my vegan Blueberry Baked Oatmeal, no blending required!
Super easy and really delicious after a long week of cooking! Thank you for the recipe.
This was a great morning treat to enjoy over the holidays. So delicious and it realy hit the spot.
This is a great way to use nutella! It’s a very simple recipe that even kids can helped make it.
You had me at nutella. Yum. Can’t wait to try these.
Making these for breakfast today. My kids will go crazy for it!
You can never, ever, EVER go wrong with Nutella. Especially with bananas. This is a great way to kickstart the day.
I made this for breakfast this morning and the family loved it.
My daughter is a Nutella fanatic. She will absolutely love this recipe and I can’t wait to share it with her!
These oats were just perfect! I made them for breakfast and everyone wanted more.
Anything with Banana and nutella is the best. Looks yummy.