Nutella Fruit Dip
This Nutella fruit dip is a simple and delicious way to enjoy a chocolatey hazelnut spread with fruit! Simply mix together Nutella and vanilla yogurt for a quick and easy dip!
Ok I have to admit, I’m not someone who’s crazy for Nutella. While I don’t find myself dying to eat it right out of the jar, I do love the potential it has for dipping. This Nutella Fruit Dip is just two ingredients but it’s definitely the kind of dip that has me coming back for seconds.
All you need is Nutella, or any chocolate hazelnut spread, and vanilla yogurt. If you only have plain yogurt, don’t worry that can work too! I also added a pinch of espresso powder to help enhance the chocolate flavor, but it’s totally optional.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Nutella– You don’t have to buy name-brand Nutella. Any chocolate hazelnut spread is fine. (I used Aldi’s brand of spread.) You can also use Justin’s chocolate hazelnut spread which is a bit healthier.
- Yogurt– I recommend using vanilla yogurt but if you only have plain yogurt, that works too! Just add a splash of vanilla extract and you may want to add a bit of sweetener to taste.
- Espresso powder- This is optional, but if you want to add a little more depth to the chocolate, add a pinch of espresso powder.
How to Make Nutella Fruit Dip
Can this dip be made in advance?
Yes! You can make this recipe ahead of time and store the Nutella dip for up to two days. It’s a great thing to have on hand for when a chocolate craving strikes. It’s also a great thing to make if you plan on having friends and family over. You can prepare it ahead of time and enjoy it when you’re ready! You can even double the recipe if you want to make a larger batch.
Just be sure to store the leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. You could also cover the serving bowl with plastic wrap if that’s easier.
What to Serve with Nutella Fruit Dip
- Fruits — Berries, bananas, kiwi, and apple slices are some of my favorites. Pretty much any fruit will be wonderful with this dip!
- Kabobs — Use toothpicks or longer wooden skewers and add a variety of fruits on each one. You can even add marshmallows for a sweet treat!
- Sweet snacks — Some sweet options include graham crackers, vanilla wafers, animal crackers, and waffle cone pieces.
- Salty snacks — Pretzel sticks and honey wheat pretzels are always a favorite!
- Cinnamon Chips– These homemade chips are made from flour tortillas and sweetened with cinnamon and sugar for a perfect dipper!
Looking for more dip ideas? Try my easy peanut butter dip, Cream Cheese Fruit Dip, or my Yogurt Fruit Dip! They’re perfect to pair with apples or bananas.Print
Nutella Fruit Dip
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 cup 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Blended
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
This Nutella fruit dip is a simple and delicious way to enjoy this chocolatey hazelnut spread with fruit! Simply mix together Nutella and vanilla yogurt for a quick and easy dip!
- 2/3 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/3 cup Nutella
- Dash of espresso powder (optional)
- Add the yogurt and Nutella to a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add a pinch of espresso powder, if desired.
- Serve with fresh fruit.
Store leftover dip in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
This post was originally published in February 2011. Updated April 2014.
Keywords: nutella dip
The picture, the description, the recipe – this is all kinds of right with the only wrong being that I don’t have any Nutella on hand.
Invitations coming in the wrong colour would have probably made me freak out. I’m glad to see you’re more relaxed about it and that everything’s getting along well in the grand scheme. Keeping my fingers crossed for Alex and you!
Oh does this look delicious!!!
I had apples and nutella for a snack yesterday, but I’m sure my body would have appreciated your recipe instead of the real thing. 🙂 Yes I ALWAYS need a spoonfull of chocolate! 🙂
YUM! I’ve mixed PB and yogurt together to create a little dipping sauce but never Nutella. You are a genius!
This sounds so great and like a great alternative to just eating straight Nutella! (not that I’ve done that before of course. 😉 )
Oh gosh, I wish I could have Nutella – it always looks so good! I love what you’ve done with it, though…what a great idea!
I love hearing about the wedding planning! I’m sorry your invitations didn’t turn out well…hopefully you were able to send them back!
This looks amazing! Yes, I often have cravings for a bowl of chocolate. My go to is usually overnight oats made with oats, greek yogurt, chocolate protein power, cocoa power, and some stevia.
This is perfect! Just the right amount of Nutella to satisfy the soul while still packing in protein 🙂 Love it!
When are you guys planning on getting married? (Feel free to email if that is more comfortable!). you are so on top of your game and ready which is awesome.
That nutella dip looks fabulous and that it would go super fast in my house.
May 31st! (i.e. not that far away, haha.) We wanted a short engagement, so we’ve been moving pretty quickly!
Between this recipe & Becky’s Nutella Smoothie one, I think it’s safe to say I’m gonna be in a Nutella coma soon! LOL