Life around here has been kind of funny recently. Alex and I took a bit of a break from wedding planning for a few weeks and then jumped back into it. There have been a few bumps in the road (like our wedding invitations coming in blue rather than purple…) but it’s all getting fixed and in the big scheme of things… it’s not really that big of a deal. I feel incredibly lucky to be marrying Alex, so I’m rolling with the punches here.
Still, it’s a pretty decent excuse to have a glass of wine. And chocolate. Or a spoonful of Nutella.
Who doesn’t love Nutella? The problem is, it’s not exactly good for you. This doesn’t fall into the “healthy fats nut butter” category, because there’s more sugar than nuts in there. Bummer, I know. So that’s why you need to make this healthy Nutella dip to get your chocolate-hazelnut fix, without lots of fat and calories. Ready? Ok.
It’s like eating a bowl of chocolate… but it’s good for you.
- 6 oz vanilla yogurt (I used Oikos Greek)
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- Dash of espresso powder (optional)
- Yep, all you have to do is just stir everything together.
- Adding a little dash of esspresso powder on top made it a little fancy, but obviously if you don’t have it, you can leave it out.
- Make sure you keep this in the fridge before serving, just cover it with plastic wrap until you’re ready to eat!
Now I’m ready for fruits to come back in season! This Nutella dip works great with apples and bananas (which are almost always available) but it’s also great with fresh berries. I ordered some fresh blackberries from Relay Foods and they’re delicious.