Nutella Fruit Dip
This Nutella fruit dip is a simple and delicious way to enjoy a chocolatey hazelnut spread with fruit! Simply mix together Nutella and vanilla yogurt for a quick and easy dip!
Ok I have to admit, I’m not someone who’s crazy for Nutella. While I don’t find myself dying to eat it right out of the jar, I do love the potential it has for dipping. This Nutella Fruit Dip is just two ingredients but it’s definitely the kind of dip that has me coming back for seconds.
All you need is Nutella, or any chocolate hazelnut spread, and vanilla yogurt. If you only have plain yogurt, don’t worry that can work too! I also added a pinch of espresso powder to help enhance the chocolate flavor, but it’s totally optional.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Nutella– You don’t have to buy name-brand Nutella. Any chocolate hazelnut spread is fine. (I used Aldi’s brand of spread.) You can also use Justin’s chocolate hazelnut spread which is a bit healthier.
- Yogurt– I recommend using vanilla yogurt but if you only have plain yogurt, that works too! Just add a splash of vanilla extract and you may want to add a bit of sweetener to taste.
- Espresso powder- This is optional, but if you want to add a little more depth to the chocolate, add a pinch of espresso powder.
How to Make Nutella Fruit Dip
Can this dip be made in advance?
Yes! You can make this recipe ahead of time and store the Nutella dip for up to two days. It’s a great thing to have on hand for when a chocolate craving strikes. It’s also a great thing to make if you plan on having friends and family over. You can prepare it ahead of time and enjoy it when you’re ready! You can even double the recipe if you want to make a larger batch.
Just be sure to store the leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. You could also cover the serving bowl with plastic wrap if that’s easier.
What to Serve with Nutella Fruit Dip
- Fruits — Berries, bananas, kiwi, and apple slices are some of my favorites. Pretty much any fruit will be wonderful with this dip!
- Kabobs — Use toothpicks or longer wooden skewers and add a variety of fruits on each one. You can even add marshmallows for a sweet treat!
- Sweet snacks — Some sweet options include graham crackers, vanilla wafers, animal crackers, and waffle cone pieces.
- Salty snacks — Pretzel sticks and honey wheat pretzels are always a favorite!
- Cinnamon Chips– These homemade chips are made from flour tortillas and sweetened with cinnamon and sugar for a perfect dipper!
This Nutella fruit dip is a simple and delicious way to enjoy this chocolatey hazelnut spread with fruit! Simple mix together Nutella and vanilla yogurt for a quick and easy dip!
- 2/3 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/3 cup Nutella
- Dash of espresso powder (optional)
- Add the yogurt and Nutella to a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add a pinch of espresso powder, if desired.
- Serve with fresh fruit.
Store leftover dip in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
This post was originally published in February 2011. Updated April 2014.
Keywords: nutella dip