Cranberry Juice Smoothie
This cranberry juice smoothie is made with frozen raspberries, bananas, and yogurt for a creamy drink with just the right amount of sweetness! Try this with dairy-free yogurt for a vegan smoothie or add protein powder for a post-workout treat!
I’ve been craving all sorts of smoothies lately, and this cranberry juice smoothie has been a great way to switch things up! The flavor is a delicious combination of sweet, tart, and creamy flavors. You can add honey for a little extra sweetness, but I like it with a bit of a tart finish!
Ingredients and Substitutions
- Cranberry juice– be sure to use 100% cranberry juice, not cranberry juice cocktail. Cranberry juice cocktail has a lot of added sugar and not as many nutritional benefits.
- Raspberries– I like using frozen raspberries for a thicker texture but fresh raspberries are fine, too!
- Banana– Again, I like using a frozen banana to create a super thick smoothie but you can use a fresh banana.
- Greek yogurt– This adds protein and creaminess to the smoothie but you can substitute with coconut milk yogurt or almond milk yogurt. Or you can use almond milk or oat milk; instead, it’ll just be a little less creamy.
- Honey or maple syrup– This is optional depending on how sweet you want the smoothie to be.
Is cranberry juice good for you?
Yes! Cranberry juice is a great source of Vitamin C and it also contains Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Vitamin B6 and copper, as well as antioxidants. It’s thought to help support your immune system, which is great! You can read more about the other health benefits here. This smoothie is great for a breakfast or snack!
Cranberry Juice vs. Cranberry Juice Cocktail
Cranberry juice has lots of great benefits, but make sure you’re using 100% cranberry juice. Cranberry juice cocktail is typically made with apple juice concentrate and contains loads of added sugar. Look for a brand that is only cranberry juice!
Can I make a cranberry smoothie without yogurt?
Absolutely! You could substitute Greek yogurt for a dairy-free option like coconut milk yogurt or almond milk yogurt. Or you can use almond milk or oat milk; instead, it’ll just be a little less creamy. If you decide to use almond milk instead of yogurt, you may want to add a little protein powder or chia seeds to make this smoothie more satisfying.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I double this recipe? Absolutely! You can double it or even triple it if you want to make smoothies for the whole family!
- Can I make this recipe in advance? No, this smoothie is best enjoyed immediately. Smoothies tend to separate and get thin as they warm up. If you do have leftovers, you can freeze it in an ice cube tray and add it to your next smoothie!
- Can I make this recipe lower in sugar? Skip the sweetener and be sure to use unsweetened Greek yogurt if you want to keep the sugar content down.
- Can I add protein powder? Absolutely! A scoop of vanilla protein powder is great in this recipe.
If you want to take your smoothie game to the next level, here are a few posts to help:
- How to make your smoothie thicker
- The best smoothie bowl toppings
- How to get the best results from your blender
More Smoothie RecipesPrint
This cranberry juice smoothie is made with frozen raspberries, banana, and yogurt for a creamy drink with just the right amount of sweetness! Try this with dairy-free yogurt for a vegan smoothie or add protein powder for a post-workout treat!
- 1 cup cranberry juice (100% cranberry juice, not cranberry juice cocktail!)
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Honey or sweetener to taste
- Handful of ice
- Add all of the ingredients to your blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into two glasses and enjoy!
Keywords: cranberry juice smoothie
This cranberry smoothie is so refreshing! If you love sweet and tart flavors, this smoothie might be your new favorite.
What’s your favorite type of smoothie?