Chocolate Covered Strawberry Smoothie Bowl
If you love chocolate-covered strawberries, this smoothie bowl recipe is for you! Sweet strawberries and cocoa powder come together for a tasty breakfast!
Who else loves sweet treats for breakfast? Lately, I’ve been on a smoothie bowl kick and I just can’t get enough of this strawberry and chocolate combination!
To get a super spoonable, creamy smoothie, I recommend using frozen strawberries. That will give you a thicker consistency! If you don’t have a powerful blender, you can chop fresh strawberries, pop them in the freezer on a baking tray, then transfer them to a bag once they’re frozen. The smaller pieces will be easier on your blender but you’ll still get a good, thick smoothie consistency! Be sure to check out my tips for a super thick smoothie bowl!
If you don’t have granola, check out this post on other smoothie bowl toppings ideas!Print
This chocolate covered strawberry smoothie bowl tastes like dessert but it’s healthy enough for breakfast!
- 1 cup ice
- 1 cup frozen strawberries (or fresh if you have it!)
- 1/2 cup chocolate almond milk (or regular)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon chocolate protein powder (optional, or add more cocoa)
- 1/4 cup granola
- Cacao nibs, fresh strawberries, (optional for topping)
- Blend the ice, strawberries, almond milk, cocoa powder, and protein powder (if using) until smooth.
- You’ll get a thicker consistency if your strawberries are frozen!
- If you like it extra sweet, you can add a little stevia or sweetener.
- Pour it into a bowl and top with granola, cacao nibs, more strawberries and/or chia seeds.
Keywords: strawberry smoothie
Looking for more smoothie bowl recipes? Here are a few of my favorites: